My rescue and ferret pictures!

Skits

About four years ago, I started taking in ferrets in my home and finding them homes. Unfortunately, I got too attached to most of them, leading me to have about 11 ferrets at one time. It took a while but I was able to realize that I could find them great homes, and I did! I still get updates on them and they're all still doing amazing. It's a wonderful feeling to see them so happy.

I realized how many ferrets actually need homes here, especially Quebec being the province with the most abandoned animals, it's horrible. I started taking in ferrets and over the years, we made such amazing progress! My boyfriend and I now run a small shelter called "Refuge furet petit-pieds". We've taken in many ferrets here, some who were abandoned in apartment buildings or outside, some ferrets found outside, some who were too sick to be cared for, some who their owners just didn't have the time for them. It's amazing how many ferrets need help.

Since then, we performed at SNAC (salon national des animaux de compagnie) which was a huge step for us and allowed us to introduce our shelter to many people. This June we will also be at another expo (salon des animaux exotiques) in Quebec City. It could be a lot of work to care for them all but I enjoy doing it and it's so worth it in the end!

Anyway, pictures of some of the ferrets over the past few months! We've had a few more but haven't gotten the chance to get good pictures of them to post.

Here's Summer, this is my own little girl. I've had her for four years, she's the one who started it all. I got her at a petstore (didn't know better at the time). She's just so sweet. As soon as a new ferret comes in, she's there to greet them and make them feel at home.

And my second one, Luo, who is eight years old (going on nine). Unfortunately he's not ferret friendly so he makes things a little difficult sometimes but he makes it up in cutes haha.

This is Panda, he was found outside, and after searching for his home for weeks, no results. He found a great home now!

Jugni, a ferret that passed on between three different owners before being surrendered to us. Also now adopted. :)

Stella, her owner could no longer care for her or her brother Malou. We found them an amazing family who was very excited to have them.

Malou!

Here's a special girl who was with us for awhile. Her name is Zelda, she was abandonned in an apartment without food or water for two weeks and we were called to go pick her up. She came with us to the expo once and she did amazing and got a lot of attention! Once she was nursed to health, we were able to get her adopted to a great person who fell in love with her.

Fluffy and Bandit, their owner was unable to care for them so brought them to us. They found a great family with three kids who were excited to bring them home. Fluffy..

Bandit

continued

Last edited:

Skits

Bear, a ferret we had decided to keep and had him for a couple of months but we realized he wouldn't be a good fit so had to find him a good home. He wasn't getting along with my older one and I knew we wouldn't be able to have so many cages set-up permanently.

Here's Emma, her owner was about to have a baby and left Emma and her brother, Mao with us. They were 5 months old at the time, they found a great family with kids who loved them to play with.

Mao

Jack, an owner surrender who was adopted quickly to a great home who had been searching for a ferret.

A bad picture, but another baby we had taken in soon after named Nugget. Her owner just didn't have the time for her.

Carl and Ling-Ling, two ferrets who were glued to each other constantly. Found them an amazing owner who had ferrets in the past, and who gives me updates quite often.

Ollie, an owner surrender. She had brought us two ferrets who were very ill, the female had organ failure and Ollie had pretty bad adrenal to where he was missing most of his fur. Mia went downhill quickly and had to be put to sleep (RIP). Luckily we were able to get Ollie injections for adrenal and found him an owner willing to continue his treatment.

Chouchoune, she came to the shelter today, she's a very happy girl and looking for a home.

Last edited:

Skits

This is Lily, a special girl who will be staying at the shelter for a couple of weeks. She got a fracture two years ago, and it developed an abscess over her eye that needs to be drained every few months. We've been raising money to get her to the vet this week (she came in three days ago) and she'll have it drained out. Despite it, she's such a happy girl!

This is Lola, she came it with Lily. She could be a shy girl but gets her random bursts of energy. Someone filled out an adoption form for her, just waiting to make an arrangement to have her meet with Lola! :)

----------------

And here are some random pictures over the past while.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
They are all so adorable! Omg chouchoune is pulling at me... How oldish is she? You know, for science and all :p

This is going to seem really weird, but did you perhaps message the rescue I run about Lily? LOL we got a message with a verrrry similar story ;) as creeptastic as that seems hahaha

Skits

She's a year old, will be two on october 21st. :) And yes I did, I was trying to get a bit of a word out and I tried posting her story on a couple of rescues and groups to try to get some help. Sorry if it was a bother!

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
They are all freaking adorable! :D

Once I move, I'm not going to be able to hold out on ferret want for long. Man, I miss those little buggers.

Muppet

Awe I can see why you were so attached to them. Very cute little fellows there.

Members online

No members online now.