Little Maria and her letter to the Mayor

Saje

Island dweller
Ok. I've started this thread in case people didn't make it to the end of the other one.

In St. John's Newfoundland a girl named Maria wrote a letter to her Mayor about how dog owners should be responsible for their dogs and should need to pass a test.

http://www.cbc.ca/story/canada/nati...nces050415.html

We are extrememly proud of this little girl and would like to let her know how we feel. I've asked the Mayor if we can send her letters to his office and am waiting to here back.

If you are interested in sending me a letter to forward to Newfoundland pm me and I will send you my address. I'll also post the Mayor's office address as soon as I get an ok.

I think it would be great if you shared this with other forums and dog lovers. If these guys are successful it could be set a standard for other municipalities to follow.

CT could you post your letters below?

Okay, here's what I've got. The first one is for little Maria, the second one is for the mayor. Edit as you see fit.
1. Print out 2 separate letters, one to Maria and one to Mayor Wells. Sign the bottoms and date the tops.
2. Personalize the letters with anything you like for Maria or the Mayor.
3. Send to Saje, who will collect them and ship them off to their ultimate destinations.

Dear Maria,

I read about your letter to Mayor Wells. I think getting owners to pass a test before they can own a “high risk” dog is a wonderful idea! It would do a world of good for the misunderstood dog breeds to be restricted to owners who could prove that they could be responsible. You’ve done a wonderful thing for the dogs, and I know they would all thank you if they could!

Sincerely,

Dear Mayor Wells,

I would like to thank you from the bottom of my heart for considering the concept proposed by Maria Halleran, concerning the licensing of prospective owners of “high risk” dog breeds. I believe strongly in responsible dog ownership for the life of the dog. Careless owners don’t just put their dogs at risk, they put the community at risk. Too many dogs lose their happiness, health, homes, and lives when an owner doesn’t devote the time and resources to making sure their dog is a safe, positive animal.

I understand the logistical problems associated with the proposal, but I hope to see that such a process is implemented for the benefit of all, human and canine alike. I support and admire your efforts to create a community educated in the responsibilities and rewards of conscientious dog ownership.

Sincerely,

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
If I post this on another dog forum and they want to send a letter what should I do?
I don't want to just give them your adress, so do I give them the adress of the mayor?

Saje

Island dweller
Sure. You could do that. I'll see if I can find it. I haven't heard back from him yet but I'm sure it's ok.

Martine

Trained by an Airedale
Whoops! I've only just picked up this post, I'm hopping on and off the pc like a yo-yo this week and am getting a bit random with viewing posts. Is it too late to do this?

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
Oooops!! I completely forgot too!!!! Will do that tomorrow morning First thing! And get it in the post!

Saje

Island dweller
Martine said:
Whoops! I've only just picked up this post, I'm hopping on and off the pc like a yo-yo this week and am getting a bit random with viewing posts. Is it too late to do this?
No. Not too late. I haven't heard from many people. :( Or received any yet GIRLS! LOL

I figure I'll do it for about a month.

Saje

Island dweller
I posted it on my small pet forum bet it didn't seem to generate any interest. I don't know where else. :confused:

Members online

No members online now.