What to Put in a 5 gal?

sillysally

Obey the Toad.
I decided that before I go buy a larger tank for goldfish, I'd like to set my 5 gal back up. I had a betta in there before who died of an unknown illness, and the tank has been empty over a year. There is a ton of general grime and hard water scale.

What would be the best way to clean it?

Also, I'm trying to decide what to put in it. The filter is fairly powerful and I had a hard time getting the current still enough for a betta, so I'd like to do something different. I've read that 6 neon tetras and a snail can be put in a 5 gal. Does that sound feasible? Any other suggestions?

~Tucker&Me~

To clean tanks with grime I have found vinegar works quite well. If you let it sit for a while with a vinegar/water mix you should be able to gently scrub the glass and most of it will come off.

As for stocking, you could definitely go that route. Do shrimp interest you though? It would make a fabulous shrimp tank :) you could also look into African dwarf frogs (not with shrimp), dwarf corydoras, or one of my favorite fish, galaxy rasboras. I had a school of 6 galaxies in my 5 gallon with 10 or so crystal bee shrimp. It was a fun set up :)

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
Any thoughts on 3 male guppies and 3 ghost shrimps?
This would work. You could have more shrimp if you want, they really don't mess with your water at all.

In my 5gal I have 1 male guppy 2 mystery snails, and 2 African dwarf frogs. I'm hoping to get 2 more guppies and I'll be done.

Members online

No members online now.