PhD research and agility dogs..help needed

sfleig

QUEUING WITH YOUR DOGS AT AGILITY EVENTS
help needed please by means of a short questionnaire

I expect by now some of you will be recognizing the name of Myerscough College, especially if you have been competing at the two recent Lune Valley events where we were out in force.... if you helped us out on the Wednesday, thank you all once again. Hopefully, some of you will also be familiar with the work that has being going on for the past 4 years as we have been busy measuring heart rate and monitoring behaviour of lots of your wonderful agility dogs at numerous shows across the North of England.
Work is progressing very well, but a vital part of this research requires input from you. Three years ago over 1000 of you filled in a questionnaire for me, that was a huge number of responses, thank you so much... but I am now hoping that you can do the same again for me with my new survey.
It is just a short multi-choice questionnaire, which should take about 4-5 minutes of your time. It is a vital part of my work, but is also very importantly all about gaining your thoughts and opinions to see if we can help improve any aspects of agility which may be proving overwhelming for yourselves and very importantly your dogs...
If we could beat the 1000 mark that would be fantastic, so if you have a few spare moments please click on the link below and help out with this ground-breaking piece of research.

Thank you Stephanie

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/STQSRXK

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
This survey seems very tailored to UK competitors. In the US at least, we are not required to line up with our dogs in the way it sounds like it may be required in the UK. Generally no more than 4 dogs need to be present and accounted for at a time: the one running the course, and the three following that dog.

Given this, I did not complete the survey - you may have better luck posting this on UK centric sites.

BostonBanker

Yikes, if Gusto had to do that, he'd never make it into an agility ring. Standing around waiting is his nemesis and results in a very stressed, slow dog.

Not that we'd make the cut for agility in England anyway! I didn't fill out the survey since it isn't something we see around here at all (our gate keepers have no issue with you walking by saying "This is Gusto, I'm here, I know I follow Fido, we're just going to be back behind that tent").

Ozfozz

Highbread Dingbat
I did fill it out, though I've never really encountered a structured line of more than 3 participants within our agility trials here in Canada.

Cobain is fine in a line-up. We get made fun of at trials because he will take a nap in line whilst waiting.

I like the box idea though, permitting people actually follow them.

Members online