I Am Not A Dog Shelter!

Sirius

Imagination ROCKS.
OK, so about 10 minutes ago, my doorbell rings. Sam comes bounding to the door *bark bark* be quiet Sam! So, anyway, I see a box. I'm like, ok its not ticking so it can't be from my ex. I open it and there is a puppy staring at me! There is a note in the box saying: "I heard that you took in a dog a few weeks ago. Maybe you wouldn't mind adding this 3-mo old kuvasz to your family? -Anomynous"

The puppy is now roaming around my backyard while Sam and Harley are going crazy. This has gotta stop. :'( It looks like I now have 3 dogs.

-Laurr

Payge

Awwww Kuvasz are sooo cute! Then again if it happened to me at this moment i'd be franticly trying to find a new home for it, two moose' in my house and 3 cats plus one more? I think thats kinda pushing it don't you? LOL, i'd prolly take him in anyways.

BigDog2191

Big German Shepherd
Well- I dunno. I'd be kinda happy and I'd be kinda angry.

Happy because- well, the Kuvasz breed is awesome and I've always wanted one. They're great guardians and I admire they're looks as well.

Unhappy because- that's the 2nd dog somebody thought they could just drop off. Those people are obviously not thinking about the person who they're just dumping these dogs on. If that person couldn't find a home for the Kuvasz, then why not advertise somewhere- I know I'd at least LOOK into it. I mean, what if someone else does that same thing, you're absolutely right, you're NOT an animal shelter. Maybe post that on the door?

Sirius

Imagination ROCKS.
Trust me, this isn't the same people. The people that gave me Sam moved to Manhatten. This little dog is so cute. I think I'll keep it. I scheduled a vet appointment for tonight, the vet isn't busy because alot of people are away for Thanksgiving. But, this is the last dog. In the city of Toronto, there is a maximum of 3 dogs allowed in 1 household. And you have to get licences for your animals. I don't know if it's a girl or a boy, but I need some help with a name. I was thinking, if a boy, Dakota, if a girl, Marissa? I don't have any pics, but if you go to www.dogbreedinfo.com/kuvasz.htm you can see some pictures of the breed.

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
Wow, that's amazing. I don't blame you for feeling used. A dog is an enormous responsibility.

It's easy to check if it's a girl or a boy. Feel the tummy area between the hind legs. If you feel a lump, it's a boy. The lump is not a belly button. :D

Sirius

Imagination ROCKS.
Gempress said:
Wow, that's amazing. I don't blame you for feeling used. A dog is an enormous responsibility.

It's easy to check if it's a girl or a boy. Feel the tummy area between the hind legs. If you feel a lump, it's a boy. The lump is not a belly button. :D
LOL yeah. Well, I checked and... it's a boy! Since he's 3 months, I'll get him neutered, Harley just went in yesterday. So, what do you think, Gempress? Is Dakota a good name?

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
Sounds good to me! Although I personally would name him Moses, since you found him in a container on your doorstep. Or Lakin, which means "found treasure".

Edit: Just found this name! Pahana: native american word meaning "Lost White Brother."

I just had a though, since the kuvasz is not that common, you could call around to some of the vet offices and see what you can find out. Somone must own him and have a vet record. I know you will probobly keep it, but the expence of puppy shots and all.....Then I might call the privios owner and get the AKC reg and all that other tuff. They might think twice about getting another dog!

Staff online

Members online