Hyia is learning

Zoom

Twin 2.0
AHH why do you have to have a mitten-pawed calico??? There was always at least one of those on the farm and they were my most favorite.

Hyia and you did a fabulous job with the last litter, I have NEVER had to worry about Huck going outside her litter box (unless I accidentally go too long between changes). She's a bitey mad woman, but very gentle with her paws.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Ressie likes to be pet when Ressie wants to pet YOU..if you hold your hand up and he buries his head in your palm, it's loving time, don't think you can go up any old time and be affectionate. He leaves. He is a spooky tho I don't know why, he I think like Victor is ultra hyper sensitive about his fur and outside sounds send him up the molding. I wish it wasn't that way, I tried hard to make it not be by acclimating, but he is what he is, and I love him with all my heart. I am glad you are happy with Huck I hope they are happy with Luna. THe other two I will never know.
Paddle paws, 24, mittens, is too stinking cute. But tiny, I am going to add some nutrical to her diet. There were 9 in the litter and she is obviously the runt of the runts.

The new litter is just adorable! I would have loved to be able to do this when I was younger! Hyia must just be the happiest girl! :) Is one going to stay this time around too, hehe? :p That would be my problem if I ever fostered an animal....or a litter....they would all stay! :eek:

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
not this time. My Mom's dog just went home after a 6 month stay while she healed her leg. Ressie was a true exception and my fault as a foster fail not Hyia's. both of the ones she loved most went to Colorado, one to Zoom, and a friend of hers. Because Hyia did this willingly and with no argument she is allowed to do so again this summer. Ressie, I worried so hard over him I just couldn't turn loose. I am not getting attached to any of these. I put in their medicine, make sure she is doing what she needs to do, bringing them out to socialize, but that is all.

Besides Ressie says Hiss Hiss Hiss and one cat riding around on my shoulders is enough. He and Sancho are still as close as two creatures could ever be. I can't imagine one without the other, and even Sancho sees them as mild amusement only. Ressie was his precious from the very beginning.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier

this kitten never takes her eyes off of Hyia no matter who is holding her.
She cries when Hyia is not in the room with her as well.

From across the room Ressie looks on, and at least does not hiss. Guess there is enough distance. Wonder why he is like that.

Last edited:

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Oh joys, one has ring worm. THe two smallest ones are so far behind, the one that had it was the one that had worms the most severe. I have switched their food from what the shelter gave us, that they were not gaining on, to what I know is best for them, and for the tiny two, they are splitting a jar of gerber baby beef a day as an additive. If This doesn't put weight on their tiny sharp hip bones and tooth pick ribs I don't know what will. Will pick up a tube of nutrical too. Babies should be fat. And sassy. THe littlest two, are so not. THe biggest one is aggressive while she eats, which is understandable. 9 kittens is a too big litter, she had to be tuff to be her size.

This is one of Hyia's most favorite, I think paddlefoot is a sweetie too.

THe shelter says he is fine, but I don't think he acts like he feels the least bit fine. Too thin, too small, too sedate.

Guess it's a good thing Sancho and Ressie want nothing to do with them, at least the kittens have remained basically quarantined to Hyia's room and because they had eye and respitory infections she was instructed to wash her hands well after handling. I thought we were home free. Not.

Last edited:

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier

Losing their pinched miserable look and starting to seem like happy kittens. We must have caught the ringworm right at the beginning, his leg looks much better and no one else has any spots. That is a most unpleasant dip, and the medicine obviously tastes really bad. I am sorry they had to go through that. It does mean however they are here for a couple extra weeks. oh well, Hyia is happy about it. She loves Pitiful Paddle Foot. Pitiful for how she cried all the way to the vets, so she got an addition to her name.

The one in the pic I like the most, it is the one that never takes her eyes off of Hyia.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Hyia's "precious" up for adoption soon at KC PET PROJECT
They are finally starting to fatten up, grow and play.

Members online