Good vibes appreciated...

Tomorrow is Garp's 3rd gotcha day. Tonight, I found a lump on his thigh. And I don't like it. It feels solid, like it's rooted in the muscle, and it doesn't move well.

To top it off, he also had a scuffle with a stray cat that came into the yard the week before last, and the thing did a number on his ear. It was healing well, everything was cleaned, he finished his course of Cephalexin, and NOW... He's sporting a lovely hematoma on that ear.

He's coming in to work with me on Wednesday so we can aspirate the lump and take a peek at the ear. We'll probably deal with draining the hematoma next week. We'll decide what to do about the lump when the cytology comes back.

So, good vibes would be greatly appreciated right now. I'm freaking out.

Sending you positivity.
We had the same thing occur with our guy, Toby. It turned out to be a cancerous mast cell tumor in stage 1. We had it removed and have another surgery scheduled to take place next year to get the remaining tentacles that went into deep muscle tissue. It was really scary, he's only just turned 2 this month, and all of this was in August.

You're in my thoughts.

Thanks guys. I'm feeling good this morning.

Did some venting/brainstorming with a friend.

After his cat "scuffle", he also had a rabies booster.... In the right thigh. Which I forgot about until last night. Granted, the lump is new. But it's roughly where the injection site was so... Panic mode deactivated.

Considering it would be a fairly delayed vaccine reaction, and we still need to look at the hematoma, he's still getting checked out tomorrow.

But I'm not tearing my hair out anymore.

Will report back after tomorrow!

We don't need to drain!!! Happy dance!!!!!!

It's more soft tissue swelling than fluid build up, and while a hematoma could be forming under there, we caught it early enough that we should be able to head off the formation. so we're going to finish this course of cephalexin, throw Rimadyl into the mix, and monitor.

Still waiting on cytology from Marshfield, but at first glance in-house, the lump aspirate looks good so far.

Members online

No members online now.