For all my fellow chazzers.....For Renee

Miakoda

My dad is dying. No one knows exactly how much time he has left here with us except for God. But his doctors have told us to prepare. He may have 7 days. He may have 10 days. It won't ever be enough. 60 short years.

I talked to Renee today via text message to let her know what's going on. Her response was beautiful and I read it to my dad. It read:

"Talk. Laugh. Share the stories of your life. Remind him of the legacies he's given, and the love. Let him know he's raised you strong and you will be okay - and you will give his legacy to your children."

He teared up. And then he took me by surprise when he said, "That's a beautiful name." I said, "Huh?" He repeated, "That's a beautiful name. For your next mastiff you want." I replied, "What name? What are you talking about?" His answer, "Legacy".

He then told me that he wouldn't choose any sissy girl dog to carry that name, but that "those dogs are big and hard-headed and think for themselves and you have to ask them to do what you want them to do and not just tell them........just like you."

My heart is breaking. But I promised him I would. And my boys will then also have a physical reminder of his legacy.....one of his final wishes for me.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I have no words Staci. Only hugs.
And he's right. Legacy is a beautiful name for a dog. And I can see you one day, standing with a gorgeous mastiff - both of you part of your dad's legacy.

Baxter'smybaby

swimming upstream
Renee is right--talk, share stories--love, cling to each other and cry, and laugh--that is his legacy too. ((HUGS))

MPP

petperson
Renee is right, and so is your dad. Legacy is a wonderful name, and you yourself are his wonderful legacy to the world.

My heart aches for you and your family. I hold you all in my heart.

Doberluv

That's the best thing you can do....share memories of times you valued and shared together. They're lasting and all we can really hold onto. Life is so fragile, yet we try to stay strong. My heart breaks for you. I just tear up, reading this and know this is so devestating for you. I do hope he is finding some peace and a feeling of preparedness during this process. ((((HUGS))))

I think Legacy is a wonderful name for your next dog. Not only is it beautiful, but it will have great meaning for you.

Paige

Let it be
No one is ever truly gone. So long as you remember he'll always be with you. I hope his passing comes gently and that your family is there for each other.

filarotten

Fila the love
I love that name, it will be great for a Fila.

I'm so sorry about your dad. I wish there was something I could do to help you feel better, but I know I can't. If you need to talk, just give me a call, I went thru the samething with dad a few years ago. It was hard.

((((((((HUGS)))))))))

ACooper

(((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))) and ((((((((((((MORE HUGS))))))))))))) through this difficult time. Your dad as well as you and family will be in my prayers Mia.

I do agree, Legacy would be one heck of a name and one hopefully the bearer will live up to.

Maura

My DH's sister died last week after a year long fight with cancer. I usually visited twice a week to do reflexology on her feet (for relaxation and detox). Nothing really prepares you, but at least you are putting yourself there in the moment, now, when he needs you.

(((hugs)))

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
Wow Staci... that made me tear up. Your dad sounds like such a wonderful man. Legacy is the perfect name and a perfect way to remember your dad by. I'm really sorry you're going through a tough time. Your dad will always be in your heart... even when he is gone from this world, he will never fully be gone. A piece of him will lie in your heart, your children's hearts, etc. Lots of hugs

PlottMom

The Littlest Hound
Thinking of you and your family... and that's a beautiful story, and a good one you can tell your boys someday...

Staci . . . ((((((((HUGS)))))))) and please, pass that to your dad as well, and tell him I think the name suits well.

And that I think he has raised a daughter who is filled with fire, and grace, the courage to love without reservation, the heart of a Fila.

Izzy's Valkyrie

Very Food Agressive
Hugs and vibes for your family in this trying time. I think is a wonderful idea to have a physical connection for your boys to the great man who raised their amazing mother.

Jules

Magic, motherf@%$*#!
Staci, this made me tear up. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

((((HUGS))))

-hugs- This made me tear up. Be strong and think of good memories. Remember that Legacy you speak of and hopefully it'll be easier. I think that name would be an awesome name, especially because of the meaning behind it.

Members online

No members online now.