Calling all Hound owners, breeders and lovers!

randini

I have recently adopted a year old mixed breed dog. His previous humans informed me that he was a Hound/Lab/Sharpei mix. They however, could not offer me what type of Hound he was. I am looking to my fellow dog lovers to see if any of you could shed some light on what kind of Hound mix he may be. I've attached some photos below.
Thanks in advance!

Pops2

scenthound
beyond that it's all a guess, especially since there are 3 breeds involved. since the dog is showing piebald coloration (white with spots) the hound could be
english coonhound
bluetick coonhound
blue gascon
AKC american foxhound
english foxhound
harrier
deer/fox beagle
treeing walker coonhound
running walker foxhound
goodman foxhound
croghan foxhound
trigg foxhound
calhoun foxhound
pennmarydel foxhound
welsh foxhound
basset hound

there are other hound breeds, but these are the most common in the USA that produce piebald hounds and some of these are not really very common.

thehoundgirl

I personally see Foxhound and he probably has Shar Pei in there as his ears are pretty darn short and just looking at his face I see Shar Pei. So Shar Pei/Foxhound would be my guess!

randini

Turns out my guy is actually a Redbone Coonhound crossed with Sharpei and Labrador! Who would have thought! After doing some research I was able to track down one of his brothers and one of his sisters and they all look so eerily different. Crazy how genetics work!! Thanks for the input, everyone.

frostfell

Kung Pow Fish
Turns out my guy is actually a Redbone Coonhound crossed with Sharpei and Labrador! Who would have thought! After doing some research I was able to track down one of his brothers and one of his sisters and they all look so eerily different. Crazy how genetics work!! Thanks for the input, everyone.
how did you come to this exact conclusion? wisdom panel dna tests are shoddy at best, and redbone coonhounds are kind of rare in most places outside their hunting areas

Members online

No members online now.