"Puppy package"

Maxy24

My aunt and uncle are hopefully bringing home a puppy this February. I helped them find the breeder and they've asked me to be their trainer and pet sitter. I wanted to put together a little "puppy package" for them with some basic stuff that's not brutally expensive (though I'll likely wait until the litter is born to be sure there are some puppies matching what they want- yellow female) . They currently have no dog things. What do you suggest? I was thinking a puppy book or two (suggestions?), a kong/other food dispensing toy, training treats, maybe some grooming stuff. I don't want to get too much because price and also I don't want to take away from them getting to buy stuff, I love dog shopping. I'm sure the kids will want to pick out a leash and collar, fun toys, a bed, and that sort of thing. I guess want to give them stuff from the perspective of a dog trainer. Things that will help get the puppy off to a good start behaviorally.

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Clicker
Basic Clicker training book
Healthy treats
A nice toy
A mat (one you can use to train with)

Maxy24

Good suggestions! I'm probably not going to do clicker stuff just because I'm not sure they want to clicker train and I'm likely not going to push them towards that unless they express interest in doing so.

Maxy24

So $50 later (and that was with a 30% off coupon) and I bought:
Kong
Nail Clippers
Toothpaste
Treats
Bitter Apple
Nature's Miracle

I need to get a tooth brush, all the ones at Petsmart came with toothpaste but I wanted a certain toothpaste and THAT didn't come with a brush. Also need to get a book, pretty sure I'm going with McConnell's Puppy Primer. I have some of Tucker's old toys that he doesn't use so I'm going to see which ones look newish and throw them in too. Their dog won't be able to use them as an adult but they should be fine for puppy-hood.

Members online

No members online now.