How is your dog at the vet?

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Rosey would walk right up to the building, and then freeze once I opened the door and she realised where she was. The fee times she went into the back without me, since she didn't stress for nail clippings as much without me there, they walked her back outside and then in through the back door, because she didn't want to go through the hall.

Once we got into the room, she was fine. She basically stayed by me and waited for instruction.

The ferrets... Lol. Nacho doesn't care about anything ever. Ella is afraid of people. Renegade has "Caution: will bite" written on his file in big bold letters and highlighted, because he's an aggressive jerk. We literally spend the whole appointment shoving something in his mouth to bite, instead of human fingers.

Hillside

Original Twin
Saga is, of course, a complete angel at the vet. Doesn't need any restraint for blood draws or temp taking, or anything actually. Nico.......well, he doesn't try to bite or express his anal glands but he screams like a girl and thrashes for his shots. EXCEPT when he got his microchip. THAT one he didn't even react to. Weird dog.

milos_mommy

Oddly enough, Milo is pretty good at the vet. I usually have to step out of the room when he gets blood drawn, because he's more nervous when I'm there. He doesn't typically get muzzled or anything (our vet is surprisingly brave). He definitely doesn't love it, but considering how aggressive he can be in other situations, he's really good for the vet.

Pretty good, especially since we switched to an awesome vet! Lots of treats, lots of conditioning, and they both do fairly well. My last visit with Jack was the best ever - no growing, no reactions, and he was pretty calm.

Sit Stay

Not a Border Collie
Quinn is pretty much the same at the vets, maybe a little more subdued. I get anxiety with her in the waiting room so I tend to just leave her in the car and bring her right into the exam room when they're ready. In the exam room she is always very sweet and soft with the vet, like "Please spare me from the evil needles, I am a good dog, feel sorry for me!". She's a good girl - we had a new vet last time and she said she wished all the dogs she saw were as well behaved as Quinn.

Members online

No members online now.