Help naming a pup?

DJEtzel

So I'm picking up this little guy to foster, tomorrow. He's approximately 5 weeks old, being weaned at the moment... he was purchased at 3.5 weeks from the "breeder" off of craigslist and the owners dumped him a day later when they couldn't tolerate his whining at night; probably because he still needed to nurse! :wall:

So he'll be staying with me until he's old enough to get all of his vaccines and get neutered, and then adopted... but I can't think of a good name! So I'd love help with new suggestions.. the only name I have thought of so far is "Zap" and it doesn't seem to fit.

I like names that are very unique, words, etc. that flow... preferably one or two syllables. He's a pit or boxer mix, fyi. :)

Thanks in advance!

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Awwwww he's a cutie!! I think Hector is cute too. Oh God his little spotty nose.

DJEtzel

Spotty noses are absolutely the best. :D

I'm really liking Hector and Fizz.

I also got some suggestions on another forum and like the name "Carlin" as well... Which means "little champion" in idk hat language.. But sort of significant and I love George Carlin so that would be cool!

Still open to more suggestions, of course!

DJEtzel

Unfortunately, I was told I could name him, then they decided to stick with a naming contest that I just got an email about so I have to choose from a list of names in the next week on our facebook page. :(

These are the names suggested so far.

Peanut
Verlander
Berkley
Cooper
Bear
Buster
Jake
Lucky Louie
Lucas/Luke
Happy
Roy
Maxwell (Max)
Nugget
Rocky
Craig

Of them, I like Luke or Sampson, but I'm hoping for more. It'd be unfair to have someone else suggest Carlin(my top pick right now), but if anyone wants to go suggest names themselves, you can check out the public link on my page here to the thread on their facebook to vote! :)

SaraB

Unfortunately, I was told I could name him, then they decided to stick with a naming contest that I just got an email about so I have to choose from a list of names in the next week on our facebook page. :(
I had a foster puppy once that was destined to be named via a naming contest. I had already been calling her Beep so all I did was talk to as many people I could into voting for Beep. It worked, Beep won. Best name ever. And then she got adopted and they changed her name to Bella. :rolleyes:

DJEtzel

So I think I have decided on a name. Tug. We got home this evening, went outside to potty (yay!) and then came in and he ran around with Sir for a while and played with us while eating dinner... and he is going to be a tugging fiend! He grabbed a blue rope toy we had right away and was tugging away. I mentioned to my boyfriend and roommate that someone online had suggested Tug and my roommate went to the rescue site right away to suggest it because they both loved it and it fits so well! :)

Here are some pictures (bad ones! No lighting in my house) of him this evening. More tomorrow when it's bright. :)

Tug Crate by DJetzel, on Flickr

Tug by DJetzel, on Flickr

Tug tugs! by DJetzel, on Flickr

Tug face! by DJetzel, on Flickr

Noms by DJetzel, on Flickr

Members online

No members online now.