Next dog breed decided?

Man that video really pissed Keeva off, LMAO. She ran up all, "do I need to kick somebody's ass!?"
:rofl1:, No thanks, he already has a bitch to kick his ass, and try she does :rolleyes:.

Totally unrelated: is that black & tan dog you have a bauceron (spelling???) I have always wanted one, (if that is what he is) how are they as a breed?
Yes, she's a Beauceron, and so much like other "shepherds", kind of in between GSD's and Malinois with energy and drive. As a breed, another one to be very stingy with when picking out a breeder, you could end up with some health problems, or temperament problems (a lot of noise phobia in the breed). Oh, and they pretty much almost NEVER mature, at the least it's VERY slowly. Jinj although a much more high strung dog was by far easier to train and quick to learn everything, he just has a bit too much "go-getter" attitude.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
:rofl1:, No thanks, he already has a bitch to kick his ass, and try she does :rolleyes:.

Yes, she's a Beauceron, and so much like other "shepherds", kind of in between GSD's and Malinois with energy and drive. As a breed, another one to be very stingy with when picking out a breeder, you could end up with some health problems, or temperament problems (a lot of noise phobia in the breed). Oh, and they pretty much almost NEVER mature, at the least it's VERY slowly. Jinj although a much more high strung dog was by far easier to train and quick to learn everything, he just has a bit too much "go-getter" attitude.
Oh, and they pretty much almost NEVER mature, at the least it's VERY slowly. Jinj although a much more high strung dog was by far easier to train and quick to learn everything, he just has a bit too much "go-getter" attitude.

Wait ... Are to talking about a corgi or a bauceron? Lol either way that kind of canine personality would not mesh well with me ... I like a all business kind of dog.

Oh, and they pretty much almost NEVER mature, at the least it's VERY slowly. Jinj although a much more high strung dog was by far easier to train and quick to learn everything, he just has a bit too much "go-getter" attitude.

Wait ... Are to talking about a corgi or a bauceron? Lol either way that kind of canine personality would not mesh well with me ... I like a all business kind of dog.
Beaucerons can be hard to work with because of their excruciatingly slow maturity rate. Pems tend to be easy to train but are a very "busy" breed that can be hard to control because of their heavily impulsive thinking patterns. Sorry for the confusion.

Barbara!

Woah! Thanks for all the info guys. I'll be sure to look into a good breeder... That was the plan anyways, especially with Corgi's gaining popularity, lots of BYBs popping up. Working dogs are of course a challenge, but they're a challenge for even the most experienced owner, so I don't see why the possibility of that should deter me.

They sound fun (while quirky and challenging, of course.) The ability to tolerate children won't necessarily be a must, because I won't allow my son to trample my dog and he will not be permitted to disrespect the dog, either. So extreme child tolerance won't be a needed thing, but something I will certainly attempt to socialize with and achieve.

I've met a few corgis, but they were mostly BYB nightmares and I'd certainly like to meet the real deal and may look into visiting a couple breeders or going to shows. I will be trying to get a "watered down" show dog, if at all possible, if that makes sense.

This is all still a long ways off. I've been concentrating pretty heavily on Malyk recently.

Members online

No members online now.