Good Boy, Rocky!

BigDog2191

Big German Shepherd
So I had my first training session today in the morning. I absolutely loved it; so much fun.

Well, anyway as most of you know Rocky has been having problems... when we got there we sat and waited and Rocky was behaving quite badly snarling, baring his teeth, snapping at anything he pretty much saw. Not good.

So anyway, my dad and I went and met the trainer, real cool guy, very nice (definitely knows what he's doing!).

And there were a BUNCH of other dogs-- a lot of German shepherds. The trainer saw how Rocky was behaving and told us to wait on the porch till the class was over and the next one began. Well, when it was time we got to this huge field the trainer looked at me and goes "take his leash off"... so then I kinda give him a look like "are you nuts?!"

And he was like, "Don't worry, this can all be fixed. Just take his leash off. And just start walking around the field with Rocky."

Well, anyway-- once I took it off Rocky became like this perfect little angel. He played and met with all the dogs and had a lot of fun. It was about a one hour session and all dogs and humans alike just chilled out and enjoyed each others company.

So Rocky, just played and played and played-- didn't start any trouble, which surprised me cause I thought he'd be a nuisance compared to all the other dogs.

But nope, Rocky proved me a wrong he was a very good boy and a lot of people complimented me on the way he looks and behaves.

Very cool class-- it was mainly just socialization and the trainer said that he wants us to come to some more socialization classes and then gradually introduce him to the behavior classes. So that's what we're gonna do... :)

So yup, that's what has happened in my day so far. Rocky's flat-out pooped after playing so much right now! :D

RD

Are you dead yet?
I'm so glad your first class went well! I like the fact that the socialization class was held outdoors, most dogs seem to feel more comfortable with other dogs outside than they do inside.

bubbatd

Cool !!! I've heard that some dogs pick up bad vibes from the holder of the leash ...keep up the good work !!

Yay Rocky!! I can see why - a lot of the time dogs feel threatened by other dogs when they're on-leash, and if you're uncomfortable they feel it. If you freak out the dog will freak out.

BigDog2191

Big German Shepherd
He is. :)

I talked to one of the regulars- maybe SOME things some of you may not find perfect but I mean, so far from what I've seen and heard, he's a good trainer.

And Renee... I saw 2 brindle Filas in the class before mine. :)

They're beautiful.

Members online

No members online now.