To breed or not to breed

Red_ACD_for_me

Ruled by a RED boy!
Great idea for a sticky :) I have met more people who say they want to back yard breed there dog because they want one just like him/her :rolleyes:. So bring a whole litter into the world just so you can keep one out of it. That makes sense :rolleyes:

I am sure I have read that before I agree its good, but a few things need to be gone over in more detail, so as long as the readers realise that its only scarping the top then thats great

my female border collie mated with my male border collie 2 weeks ago and tied 6 times while she was in heat.Can she be pregnant.

C

cindr

my female border collie mated with my male border collie 2 weeks ago and tied 6 times while she was in heat.Can she be pregnant.
Well that all depends if you allowed them to breed back to back or skipped a day in between. It takes a male to rejuvinate at least 24 to 48 hrs.

Do you have your days marked off? I hope so! I hated it when my dog had more than one breeding. Just did not know which breeding took place. Therefore lost a load of sleep, waiting for pups. She is more than likly prego's is she showing any signs?

Misserable or being a suck?

Morning sickness?

Buldging in the belly area?

Over indulging herself? (FOOD)

Lack of hunger?

You can generally paplulate her at 3 weeks. If you feel two knotches in her stomick you have 6 if you feel 3 you should have 8. then again depends on the dog.

I love these stickys truth is i dont post much cause you guys should all enter a TV show how to expose a bad breeder you could win Millions for rescue.

Keep on:hail:

Gillian

Originally Posted by Dakota Hulstrunk
2 words: EMERGENCY SPAY

Gillian

Like humans expecting mothers need special care. You will need to find out and if you want and planned for pups. Make sure to stay home from day 57 from teh 1st tie to day 63 from the last tie...

Vets can be wrong with - xrays and exams.....ultra sounds are the best proof.

MaydayTag

Um....good question.

I believe it is a process that is done scientifically. They transfer the good genes from several plants into a plant cell and then that makes a new breed. Not something a lay man would be doing. But , Im not sure so dont

bitme

My older male became the male gigolo, people pay me to breed to him. He's got 2 breedings lined up this winter, what am I to do?

Too much breading in these so called backyard breading situations can really mess with the pedigree of a breed. Too much of this leads to unhealthy outcomes.

Members online

No members online now.