Dogs learned an important lesson today

.....don't steal mommy's pack of gum and eat the whole thing. :rolleyes:

So I got out of the shower and found the shreaded remains of a pack of gum on the ground. Little buggers must of pulled it out of my coat pocket. I probably didn't have to but I dosed them both with peroxide and they yacked the gum back up in the bathroom. Roxie ate most of it. I'm so scared of blockages since Joey's incident last summer I decided to make them yack for my own peace of mind. I didn't know if both of them ate it or just one. That's a lot of gum for one little dog. It seems Roxie at most of it, but Joey had eaten at least one piece too. They're regretting it now!

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Is it sugar-free gum?? If so, keep a very close eye on them for signs of hypoglycemia!!

wow, just googled that. Thanks for the heads up! I'll keep an eye on them. It couldn't have been in their stomachs more than 15 minutes before I made them throw it up. Now I'm REALLY glad I decided to do that!

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I'm the same way... if Auggie eats even a tiny piece of chocolate that fell on the floor, it's time to make him puke - just for my own piece of mind.
The bad news is that I don't think they ever learn, LOL. Auggie sure hasn't...

My sister's two dogs were staying with us once, and got into a bag of chocolate that my mom left on the floor (*facepalm*) We had no idea how much they ate or who ate what, so we had to make 'em throw up, too. Poor Happy - he didn't eat ANY of it. Kota ate ALL of it... but we didn't know, so poor, poor little Happy was vomiting for nothing. I felt awful. That's the bad thing about having two dogs... there might be an innocent bystander to the whole thing, but you'll never know until it's too late. X3

Zoom

Twin 2.0
I had to take Virgo to the e-vet last month because she ate a pack of Trident. The xylitol starts to absorb immediately, so it's key to watch them closely. They said that Orbit has a higher amount of xylitol than almost any other gum, but any amount is toxic.

Members online

No members online now.