MWAHAHA Skid Boots!!!

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
I ordered the dobes skidboots a few months ago... waited and waited, finally emailed the maker about them. Turns out they were shipped a long time ago, they must have gotten lost in the mail. So, bless her heart, she made two more pairs for me and shipped them out. They came in the mail today, and I can't wait to use them!

The photos are horrible, but I'll have better ones tomorrow!

Ronin in his pinks...

Ilsa in her sizzlin' reds...

Here's the link, if anyone wants to know...
http://webpages.charter.net/dhfm/ZControl.html

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
They're to protect the stop pads from getting skinned - something that always seems to happen to the dobes in the springtime. Originally they were created for Flyball dogs (and they are still mostly used by flyball dogs) but skinned stop pads don't only affect the flyballers.

They're also good for dogs with dewclaws - they protect the dews from catching on brush and tearing... apparently a lot of hunters use them with their dogs.

Lastly - if an older or malnourished dog is weak in the pasterns, these boots can help stabilize and strengthen the "wrist" - making walking and jumping much more comfortable.

Toller_08

Those look great! I wish I knew about them when Tango was around - she was notorious for skinning her pads, and especially the stop pad. I think I may order some for Dance as I have a feeling she's going to end up being the same way come spring when she's doing more running and such.

RD

Are you dead yet?
Leah, if you guys test them out tomorrow, let me know how well they stay on.

I want to order these for the BCs but I'm a little concerned that they may not stay in place on Eve, whose feet are just as narrow as her pasterns and knee joint.

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
I got skid boots for Gonzo, a few years ago, for Flyball. They are awesome! : ) They've never slipped out of place, and Gonzo has the narrowest, dantiest little feet.

OMGahaha! Ronin looks so adorable with the pink boots. He looks like he's ready for aerobics class.

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
They look great in them! I love Ronin's pink.
I'm considering getting some for Millie.

Nbc0

Zipbeh Zerooo
Ronin really suits the pink haha, too cute, I always love seeing your dogs!

Sada

Setterz are Betterz!!
Glad you finally got them!

Ronin and Ilsa look awesome in their new boots!!!

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
Ok, I finally decided I'll get some skid boots for Millie. She runs like crazy and we live in a place where it's easy to scrape that area, get cactus stuck, or catch her dewclaws on something. I think I'll special order some for Lucy, too, though I don't worry about her as much.
I'm in the hole right now so it'll have to wait 'til late April or early May since on the first I need to get them some other stuff they need.

Members online

No members online now.