2013 Official Chaz Weight Loss Challenge

RedHotDobe

aka RedHotBabe
Quinoa pasta is delicious. It is the only pasta we allow in the house. Lol
Okay well now I need to grab a box to try.

I haven't touched any kinds of grains so far, and don't plan to in the near future, but I might seriously give that quinoa pasta a try at some point down the road. Thanks for posting that!!!
My only hesitation was the corn. I try to avoid grains for the most part, but I think quinoa would be an okay exception. When I have more time I'm going to look for one that doesn't contain corn.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
This has really helped me lately

Printed it out and keep it around the kitchen so I remember what my plate should look like.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
My only hesitation was the corn. I try to avoid grains for the most part, but I think quinoa would be an okay exception. When I have more time I'm going to look for one that doesn't contain corn.
This one is corn free, and they have a Chipotle Spice one!!
Not cheap though, but I would like to buy some.

http://paleopasta.com/home

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Tough workout again last night. It was a lower body blast for half an hour. So many dips and kicks and running, scissors, jumping jacks etc. My thighs are burning today lol then we finished off with 17 minutes of yoga and strengthening.

I was 197.6 last time I stepped on the scale and today I am 195.6 :)

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
You reminded me of a paleo one I saw recently that I liked.

Ok that is AWESOME! LOL...

This one is corn free, and they have a Chipotle Spice one!!
Not cheap though, but I would like to buy some.

http://paleopasta.com/home
Omg that does actually sound good. I may have to order some just to try it.

Also on the subject of quinoa pastas... I can't eat them anymore because of deciding to go paleo, but for the past year or so Josh and I have eaten the Ancient Harvest brand. It does have a little corn in it as well I think, but it's the closest to real tasting pasta that I have found in the gluten free world. Josh is super picky about his pasta and loves this brand.

Oko

Silence, peasants.
*pops in*

I'm allergic to gluten (recently found out), corn, and coconut (sad because those are huge substitutes for gluten...) interesting about the pasta. Right now my sister with the same allergies has rice pasta, but I really don't like how sticky it is and would rather just eat rice. Must investigate further, clearly!

Right now I've ended up just avoiding most processed/packaged food, because of all the names for corn syrup are hard to remember. :rofl1:

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I like the idea behind it, but eating that much animal-based food at every meal seems like a recipe for health problems lol
You'd be surprised.

I thought for sure I was going to be hella sore yesterday and I wasn't; just a little sore from the chest presses again. I seem to be having major issues with chest presses, that's the biggest thing beating me. Today I am WAY more sore though, from my shoulders all the way down through triceps and biceps. Almost beyond sore into just plain HURTS. Oddly enough my abs aren't sore... I felt a little bit of soreness during my abs class last night, and totally ran out of fuel during the final exercise and ended up doing one round of walking planks on one knee (pisses me off that I couldn't do it but I literally faceplanted on my mat when I tried the second round from my feet... luckily I was tucked in a corner so nobody saw me... derp derp) but not at all what I expected.
I guess I'm just stronger than I think. My last few reps felt near impossible so I know I didn't cheat myself on weight... hrm.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Oh man I am SO sore today. My quads and my glutes are killing me.

I had to teach Phys Ed at the co op today for the kindergarten class and WOW that sucked lol I was hurting. We played a game of Follow the Leader and I came up with the brilliant idea to do "hop on one foot, hop on the other foot, now hop on both feet" I swore my legs were going to crumple under me at any moment :rofl1:

Hey guys, is it too late for me to join in? My daughter took pictures of me doing obedience yesterday and I can't use half of them because OMG I didn't know whales could walk! :yikes:

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
LOL I lOve my workout buddy. I said on facebook how sore I am and she said that it is good prep for next months program Brazillian butt lift and told me to KPP (keep pressing play) on my Turbo jam video and loosen the muscles up. I said that I do need to put that in and do a work out but then took a nap instead and then she tagged our trainer LOL she ratted me out. NOT COOL lol

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
I did another workout today. I was hurting terribly as I said earlier and after phys ed with the K's I was DONE so I took a nap lol.

Woke up more sore than I was when I went down lol After a friend urged me on (and told on me to our trainer lol) I decided to do a 20 minute Turbo Jam video and wow I feel a lot better. Ask me again tomorrow but yeah it worked and hopefully it shows

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
I'm pretty proud of myself today, one of our stores flooded so I spent the day doing lots of heavy lifting. I can totally tell that I am stronger than I was before I started working out.

I kinda kicked butt today :D

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
Just finished my night workouts. Some yoga/general stretching then a cardio video. Huffing and puffing. Great stuff :thumbup:

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
I said no to pizza that was sitting there and smelling amazing today. Huge accomplishment, I love pizza!

Also, looks like I will be going to an indoor waterpark in March, I haven't worn a bathing suit in years. I just want to not look like a beached whale, hopefully this will continue to motivate me!

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Down another 2 pounds this week :)

I figured the 5 pounds per week would end soon enough. Not really disappointed because it's the first week that I can actually tell that I've lost weight, and I've been working out almost every day, and I can tell I've gained muscle. :banana:

Members online

No members online now.