• Yes, no vet.

Votes: 39 57.4%
  • Nope. Dogs have no violent streak.

Votes: 14 20.6%
  • Parsley (an herb is a food!)

Votes: 6 8.8%

• Total voters

amberdyan

I only have one dog and he hasn't been in a fight, persay. A dog jumped on him once snarling and growling at the dog park like an a**hole and he ran and hid behind me, lol. He's mostly a scaredy-cat.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
I said Parsley.

Cynder and Abrams have never once fought over anything. I don't even know if they've ever growled/snarled/snarked at one another. This isn't, however, because they're both angels. This is because Abrams is a brat and Cynder has no backbone. LOL The times she has told him off (typically when he's bouncing all over her and wants to play and she does NOT) he backs off. When they have bones/chews/treats/etc. they ignore one another, because Abrams knows Cynder isn't going to try to take it from him, and Cynder knows we won't let Abrams take her chew. If he does try to, she just walks away without a word.

I doubt Abrams will be as forgiving with another dog, which is one of the reasons I'm now kind of wary about adding a third. I'll need one that doesn't start things and is polite.

Growing up, our neighbor's Malamute that lived with us and my lab mix Rose would get in to it. If Loupie thought Rose looked at her the wrong way or got between her and a resource (food, bone, awesome pets) Loupie would whale in to her. Rose didn't really fight back and there was never any injuries.

Rose and Chloe, my Collie mix, hated each other once Chloe hit maturity. HATED. They had to be kept separated at all times, and if they both approached the gate barrier at the same time they'd growl and throw a fit. The few fights they got in to there were no injuries, but I'm sure if we hadn't been right there and broken them up when we did it could have lead to that.

Toller_08

Never. Mine will growl or snark appropriately if someone is being rude about something, but there's never been a fight or anything that's even come close. I'd be beyond surprised if any of mine ever did fight.

In all the years we've had multiple dogs, thankfully the only time I've had fights in my house is when we had a foster Doberman and the other Toller, Spring. And those were caused because those two dogs lacked normal dog communication and body language skills.

milos_mommy

My dogs have fought....never needed vet care but have drawn blood and would fight to the death if allowed to go on. They play together now supervised after a lot of training but are still separated during anything remotely stressful/exciting.

I've sat for multiples who have never fought and some who have snacked or gone at it but stopped either on their own or after being told to quit it. Most people don't seem willing to keep dogs that aren't going to mostly get along.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Yes. Over things, and if Siri is in pain.

We've been working on the "things" and they can chill on beds next to one another and have higher value stuff, but never unsupervised.

If Siri is in pain (UTI) she will bully Frodo until he fights with her, if given the chance.

She can also just be a bully in general if Ryan and I don't stay on top of it.

ETA: The only time we've had blood drawn was when Siri got the tip of Frodo's ear. But she is very, very serious about it when she fights, and would absolutely hurt him if we didn't drag her off.

Kootenay

Jasper and Yarrow have had tousles, nothing that came close to breaking skin though. Always were instigated by food or certain types of play. I still would always leave them loose in the house for periods of time if I was gone though, never had any issues.

Onyx snarks at everyone constantly, but the boys just ignore her for the most part. If either of them has had enough, if they just show some teeth or growl she's on her back in a second...she's actually a big wimp, she just pretends she's the queen of the place.

krissy

I said no. That isn't to say they don't have disagreements or that they don't warn each other... but not anything that I would consider to be a fight. Summit will tell Kili off when she's being an idiot. Kili will lift a lip and grumble if she has something tasty and thinks Summit is looking at it. But actual teeth to skin, snarling, me having to yell or physically intervene? Never.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Nothing I'd call a fight. They'll snark sometimes. Lucy growls at everyone but no one ever acknowledges it.

If given the chance I could see Happy starting fights left and right. Maybe in her younger days lol.

Once between Pip and Squash when Squash was a teenager. Although it was really more of an attack, Squash didn't fight back.

They are fine for the most part except inside in close quarters if there is a lot of hubbub. Pip has come a long way but he is still a little too fun-policey for that.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Summer actually pinned Mia up to the fence a while before I got Hank. I think Mia had grabbed her tail one too many times lol. Summer was just laying into her.
This actually surprised the crap out of me. Summer was around 9 1/2- 10 years old and prior had never had any indication that she would be the 'aggressor' in an instance. She would sometimes yap and snap once when Mia was being overly annoying. Mia had this habit of charging Summer and biting her tail when excited (now she doesn't so much because Hank charges Mia.... sigh). I did not see the beginning of the fight but I had let them outside so I imagine Mia bowled Summer over or grabbed her tail and Summer apparently hit the breaking point. I hear this huge racket and look outside and Summer has shoved Mia into the fence and was just snapping in her face and growling and yapping and making all this noise. I yelled and they broke it up. Mia had this 'WTF just happened' look.

When Trey and Nikki fought so bad it was a similar situation. Trey had always been the more easy going of the two and very soft and timid with other dogs and Nikki was a bully. One day I guess she pushed one button too many and Trey had flipped her over and was laying into her. We had to physically pull them apart and Nikki ended up being minorly bloodied up (no vet needed).

I don't know if you can really blame Trey and Summer for those fights or if Nikki and Mia were technically the instigators. But in my experience that's something to look out for in the really easy going dogs. Sometimes it seems the other dogs don't take their signs to 'back off' so well as they would another dog.

SpringerLover

Bailey has a huge space bubble and guards it. Everyone males fun of me when I say I don't think she really intends to hurt another dog but she just wants them to leave her alone. She has sliced Buzz's eyelid and put a hole in Gabby's ear. Two of the most unassuming and undeserving dogs ever. The only fight I was ever actually worried about was between her and my foster GSD. I used Bailey A Lot to teach Ruca dog/dog manners and one day Ruca got a bit too big for her britches and tried to start something with Bailey. Bailey said oh hell no and I had to break it up by throwing my shoes at them and hauling Ruca off. Ruca never did that again while I had her.

Dekka

Just try me..
Oh yes. And the stories I could tell. Though Dekka and Schen are a nice combo. Dekka goes after him and he screams. Its easy to separate and no holes.

JRT on JRT fights yes holes and a couple of serious vet visits. I had two where one HATED the other (it was her mother!) and while I was out she got out of her crate and got her mother's crate opened. I came in to a blood bath. Twist (the mom) needed her gums stitched back on her jaw. Poor thing.

Choking JRTs off each other was a fairly common (once a month or so) occurance when I lived at the farm and we had 6 dogs. Minor holes, but the little snits don't let go. More damage is done by trying to pull them apart.

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
Not with my current two. Indy will tell Harrison off if he's being a punk but it's all yelling with some possible grabbing, but she doesn't leave holes unless she intends to, and I know this because she had had it out with Ozzy like that several times over him getting in her face trying to steal the chuckit ball. One day she dropped the ball and just thrashed him, badly. She got him where he couldn't get her back and yelling didn't work and then she'd pinned him and was shaking the crap out of him when I finally made it over to her. She left two puncture marks in him, not terribly deep and he left her alone after that.

I was really really surprised he let that go, because normally he's the dog that if a dog tries to beat him up, they have to KEEP beating him up until he wins. :p

Ozzy and Knox DID try to kill each other, twice. Both of them left multiple punctures in each other, but I was always right on top of them. The second time I was right there, but had my back turned and we'd separated them after their first incident, and Ozzy was loose in the living while Knox was locked downstairs. Well Knox learned how to open the doorknob and came upstairs and the next thing I know they're fighting in the living room. Ozzy did have to go to the vet to get checked over, because Knox had him pretty close to almost his whole neck.

Now we have Indy, Harrison, Briggs and Remo (my moms two Boxers) and while Briggs is a little bit uppity about an intact male in the house (he's neutered) he stops if you just yell at him to cut it out.

lancerandrara

Sports Lunatic
An Aussie, a MAS, and a pekingese... I've never had a fight before. Rara is the bossy of the two Aussies... Lancer is as mild-mannered as a dog can be and always lets her have her way, and that's the extent of it.

The more senile Teddy (my pekingese) gets though, the more my dogs dislike her... dogs are jerks. But still, they've never fought or bitten or anything like that.

SaraB

Eight high energy, high intensity dogs means occasional scuffles. I have two that have to be separated all the time and others that are pushy with certain dogs. Luckily, even the dogs that are separated haven't ever drawn blood from each other, just lots of noise.

Yes, a few serious ones all between Nero and either of the girls over food, there's been a couple scuffles as well, generally also over resources. They do get along decently with good management but like most bully breeds, give them a reason and they will go at it. Luckily for us the oldest mostly likes to snark and jump around, the male loves to start crap but doesn't know how to fight so mostly makes a lot of noise. The younger girl is the one to watch, she's put punctures in seconds before and doesn't like to be challenged.

They are pretty much never alone together and always very close to us so all issues have been quickly broken up without serious injuries or anyone too pissed off, I grab my dog, James grabs his, Jersey will get out of the way if you yell at her. Separate them for a bit and let them settle back down and learn from the mistake.

My three have never had an actual fight. They'll growl and snark at one another over a "space bubble" or getting stepped on or whatnot, but that's about it.

I had one foster who had space and resource guarding issues. She got into one fight with Missy and one fight with Jack and was crated and rotated for the rest of her stay with me. Those are really the only two "fights" I've had in my house, neither required a vet visit.

A different foster got attacked by the neighbor dog - the neighbor dog jumped the fence and went after him. That did require a trip to the vet - 28 staples later!

teacuptiger

floor dancer
I just have Roxie, but she's only ever been in one REAL fight. My grandparent's ACD attacked her (I realize now that Kady was being possessive of me- she wasn't my dog, so I guess I didn't expect her to get jealous of Roxie... but I guess family is family and Kady had known me since I was 7) and Roxie was just doing her best to keep Kady off of her.

Kady was perfectly fine. Roxie had a puncture in her leg, but didn't require a vet. Any time another dog has attacked Roxie, just like with Kady, all I've ever had to do is grab Roxie's collar and waist then lift her out.The second I have her in my arms she's calm and doesn't give a bother or try to get out.

Yes, most recently my foster and my senior dog. Totally my fault and totally preventable. I've been lucky so far that nothing bad has ever happened. Just small scuffles with scratches being the worst of it. Usually it's over a toy or food.

I have four dogs and three of which can be very testy with other dogs. I try to be as safe as I can at all times. I don't want anything bad to happen, especially because two of them are quite small.

Members online