Favorite skin and coat supplement?

pinkspore

Bat Ears Only
Brisbane has ongoing allergy issues that we're treating, and I'd love to give him something to help get some hair growing back on the worst spots. The vet has me giving "as much fish oil as he can handle", but we haven't found his limit yet. 6000-10,000mg a day doesn't bother his tummy a bit.

Do you give your dogs anything for their skin and coat? Dietary supplements? Topical ointments?

pinkspore

Bat Ears Only
I've used the Solid Gold Seameal before but must admit I didn't really see a difference. I just ordered some Mirra-coat, might get some more seameal too. I should probably read some labels carefully and make I'm not I've dosing him on anything.

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
I've heard The Missing Link can do wonders for a coat, I've used Vertex (I think that's how it's spelled, I bought it locally) and it really did bring out the colors in my GSDs coat well. Now I use Nupro Gold and Solid Gold Seameal.

I really want to put Indy on Missing Link, to see if the difference is worth paying for over Nupro.

mathewG

Do you know coconut oil? I think it is really useful to grow his hair. I used it many times and find it good. You should try.

Izzy's Valkyrie

Very Food Agressive
Oh I want to know how I can grow coat without overloading Tango's picky pancreas! Since most supplements are oils, I don't know if they're ok for his low fat diet. Any insight?

The bottom of his ribcage is pretty bald and develops blackheads in the winter. I figure that wouldn't happen if there was hair there!

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
Nupro Gold and Vertex are also dry powders, and I think I read somewhere Nu-stock will help grow hair? I think it's a cream you put directly on the area.

Marie

Skin and Coat Supplements , our Favorites

Natural Skin and coat supplements that we like to use with our gang; This first one is a good Olive Oil to drizzle on their food. I like to use a small amount mixed into the food .
The Next thing we use is the NuVet Plus Wafer Supplement and the NuVet Hot spot shampoo for Dry skin; It's been a lifesaver here with many of our rescued pets that have skin issues. You can see the NuVet Plus here http://www.nuvet.com/81098

Last thing we use is a liquid probiotic called Kefer - Read about this product found in your grocery store near the yogurt https://www.foodiepooch.com.au/dogs/what-is-kefir-and-why-do-we-love-it/

Members online

No members online now.