Dixie is Sick

tl_ashmore

Spoiled Rotten Dog
I woke up this morning and Dixie is really sick. She won't eat or drink anything. She won't play with Bula. It looked like she had some blood in her stool. We have a vet appointment at 10:00 today. Keep your fingers crossed that she's going to be ok. She just looks so miserable. She wouldn't even eat her t-bone. :( (those are her favorite treats)

I sure hope everything is ok with Dixie. She may have swallowed something and it's giving her probs. Let us know how it goes at the Vet. (fingers crossed)

Chazhound

milo

Labrador lover!!!!!
fingers crossed

hi there i have just read your thread and fingers crossed, i bet you its nothing any way good luck!!! :D :D

tl_ashmore

Spoiled Rotten Dog
Well, I just picked up Dixie. She's got some hookworms. He said that is why she isn't eating very much. He also did a heartworm test. I will get the results from that tomorrow. So, Dixie just has to take some medicine for the next three days, then she should be fine.

Glad to hear it's nothing too serious. Hope the heartworm test comes back negative too. I had to have my big GSD/Akita mix, Bear, treated for heartworms. It was rough, but it could have been a lot worse. He recovered and went on to live a long, energetic and sublimely happy life.

Dixie will be fine.

Between this and Bula's adventure, you've had your share of canine emergencies lately! You're due for a break.

Oh, we all know there's nothing you would ever trade them for any more than I would trade my monsters (even when Shiva steals peanut butter off the kitchen counter - again - lol). You and Dixie and Bula are just due for some trouble-free time soon!

By the way, how are Dixie's allergies this spring?

milo

Labrador lover!!!!!
arrrrrrr bless

arrr well at least you know that theres nothing bad any way i hope your result for the heartworm test is ok!!!!!!! Good luck :D :D :D

tl_ashmore

Spoiled Rotten Dog
I just got Dixie's heartworm results back and they are NEGATIVE!!! Yeah!!! Dixie's allergies are actually a lot better this year. She hasn't lost hardly any hair at all. This time last year, she was almost bare, but she looks good right now.

tl_ashmore

Spoiled Rotten Dog
That's what I am thinking. She is doing much better now. She is eating good and feeling a whole lot better. Thank you all for your concern.

Im glad to hear that Dixie's ok. Just wanted to let you know in case, Be sure Bula could get hookworms from Dixie in case. There's deworming medicines at stores, you could give both of them heartworm and hookworms medicines every six months, also flea and tick medicines, just put it between their shoulders, rub it in and they should have no problems with pests for 3 months, I think. I do this with my dog, Mino and give her frontline pill every month or is it three months? My husband does it for me. I love my dog, Mino who is doberman, mixed german shepherd, who helps me by letting me know when someone is at door, or wild animals out in back, out in country. Mino knows I cannot hear. She saved my life few times. Hey, you all, I know you love your dogs very much too. I have those feelings for your animals too. Cute pics I see in here. Have fun, dog lovers and keep them healthy!!!

Members online

No members online now.