Beyond CM

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Extremists in the dog world make my head spin.

People are weird and hypocritical. I once mentioned somewhere that I use treats to train loose leash walking. We go in the opposite direction when you pull, and then you get treats for walking nicely. That's what my dog responded best to. *shrug* And then a "purely positive" trainer went on about how that's wrong and it is SO obvious when a dog has been trained with treats and blah blah blah. I just went.... huh?!? You are a "positive" trainer. It is okay to use treat to train everything EXCEPT loose leash walking? I didn't get it. I was not hurting my dog. I had good results. Why would you criticize it and tell people IGNORE THIS IT DOESN'T WORK. BUT THE METHOD I TOLD YOU TO USE WILL WORK (the other method was the same method that I used, I just included treats!)

I somehow stumbled into a CM forum a while back and honestly found the people there pretty friendly/encouraging/helpful. Sometimes I didn't agree with what I read but there was no holier than thou, my way or the highway attitude.

I don't understand why people argue and pay so much attention to Cesar Milan. The only reason Cesar Milan is well known is because he is on TV for the ratings, much like the rest of the garbage on TV nowadays. I can tell when watching his show, the strategies used to keep the ratings up.

Members online

No members online now.