Dog event clubs?

ERose

Does anyone know of a list of clubs or organizations for dog events mainly agility and obedience. I have a breed not recognized by the AKC and a mixed breed. I'm struggleing to find organizations where they can compete.

BostonBanker

I can only speak for agility, but your dog can compete almost anywhere! I run my mix and non-AKC dogs mostly in USDAA, which has always allowed all dogs to compete. NADAC and CPE are other venues that (as far as I know) have always allowed mixed breeds.

As of maybe four years ago, mixed breeds became an option in AKC agility as well. Last I knew, clubs were not required to accept entries from mixed breeds, but were allowed to. The registration will say something like "Canine Partners accepted" or something along those lines. I know here in the northeast, most, if not all, AKC trials allow mixed breeds.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Someone posted on FB (no idea who) that all but 3% of clubs allow mixes in AKC now. They do have to be altered to be registered though.

If you go to an organization like USDAA's website they usually have calendars. Agilityevents.net is a good resource too and catches a lot of (not all) trials.

MafiaPrincess

Obvious trollsare Obvious
Depends where you are located..

I'm in Ontario. NAMBR offers all breed and mixed breed tracking, obedience and go to ground (if a dog fits in a 9" hole). We have CPE and AAC agility for any dog. CARA offers racing to non sighthounds with parent club approval.. SDDA offers all breed and mixed breed scentwork.

Members online

No members online now.