Fenzi Courses

Elrohwen

In definitely taking engagement at bronze. I'm really excited about it.
Me too! Not only is it the number one thing I struggle with (and probably most people struggle with), but Denise is teaching it and every class I've done with her has been excellent whether gold, silver, or bronze. Her material and explanations are always very good. I'm excited to see how it helps Watson, and also excited to start right with Hazel while she's still a puppy and still naturally engaged.

You guys are going to love the engagement class! I took the 2 part bridging the gap series with her and it was amazing (and most of the same content in engagement). Definitely a new variable I never really considered putting time and effort into working with my dogs.

I have changed my mind a bit and still am unsure of what classes I am taking this term.
I am for sure taking shades play class.
I dropped intro to nosework (I'll do it sometime in the future) and I think I'm going to do bogeyman.
And then I'm debating on the remote reinforcement- I love my treat and train, but I'm worried it will be too basic and won't be in enough depth where I will enjoy it. And I'm also debating between the running contacts class- I've never done it and I feel like it's something that may be better on dogs joints. So it would be interesting to see how she teaches it. But it's a new class and I'm a little gun shy of new classes or new instructors now because of last term.

BostonBanker

Being an adult sucks, but doing the Engagement course at Gold would be a really bad financial decision right now. If only sign-up was a week or two later. Oh well, the Relationship Building through Play was the one that initially interested me a while ago, and that's next semester. Maybe that will be an option then.

I might try to do Engagement at Bronze since I can join later. I had a horrible experience with Recallers, so I'm not sure that I'm made for online classes without any feedback like that, but I could at least see how I like the instructor before shelling out for a gold spot.

xpaeanx

When it comes to classes I've taken with Denise, I've found her lectures to be full of information and very clear. If she feels students aren't understanding she will make and post supplemental videos to illustrate what she's saying. She's even used a stuffed dog to be able to clearly show what she means. I've never been disappointed by anything taught by her.

As of yet I've only done Bronze subscriptions, but man have I learned a lot through them! I'm really looking forward to when I can afford to do a gold spot.

Elrohwen

When it comes to classes I've taken with Denise, I've found her lectures to be full of information and very clear. If she feels students aren't understanding she will make and post supplemental videos to illustrate what she's saying. She's even used a stuffed dog to be able to clearly show what she means. I've never been disappointed by anything taught by her.

As of yet I've only done Bronze subscriptions, but man have I learned a lot through them! I'm really looking forward to when I can afford to do a gold spot.
This 100%! I have been disappointed with other classes and instructors but not by any of Denise's classes. I did one at Gold and she was wonderful at picking up on little things I was doing wrong and explaining how to magically fix the issues I was having. She is great at evaluating a team and making really good suggestions. She is also really nice and supportive.

ETA: I also feel like her classes always offer some really unique information that I've never seen or never thought about before.

BostonBanker

Oh, I'm not concerned at all about there being a ton of good info even for a bronze member; I just know how well I do (or rather don't) with that sort of a set up.

Oh, I'm not concerned at all about there being a ton of good info even for a bronze member; I just know how well I do (or rather don't) with that sort of a set up.
Have you taken FDSA classes at bronze and joined the lurker group and made yourself post videos and questions there like you would for gold for feedback? I feel like the lurker groups help with the accountability part.

BostonBanker

No, I took Recallers and had a small group on Facebook of people I knew doing it, and still hated it. The only other online class I've taken was at their version of Gold (through Agility U) and it was fabulous.

We'll see. Luckily I've got some time to decide if I want to try it at Bronze. My regular lessons have been on a bit of a hiatus this summer while everyone's trial schedule got in the way of life, but they start back this weekend. Hopefully that will help re-motivate me!

Julee

UNSTOPPABLE
Thinking about taking Engagement and maybe Obedience Skillbuilding this time around, both at bronze.

Oh goodness... I just signed up for engagement too. I ended up talking myself into it with how much I loved BTG and finding out there are a lot more lectures that weren't in that class.

I'm so excited for classes to start! I think I'm going to really enjoy the classes I'm in this term!

I decided to take:
Engagement
Bogeyman
And Shade's toys and play class

What did everyone else end up signing up for?

Elrohwen

We're just doing Engagement. There weren't any other classes that I was dying to take, and I want to focus on the engagement stuff and actually do it.

I did buy the "It's All Tricks" class notes, now that it's in the retired section. I really need to work on some tricks with Hazel and I figured it would be a good resource for some new stuff I haven't tried before with either dog.

My big Fenzi purchase this month was for a working spot at her seminar in April in New Jersey. Yay! The first day is drives and motivation, which I think I'll do with Hazel. The second day is handler's choice and I think I'll work with Watson. I'm super excited.

We're just doing Engagement. There weren't any other classes that I was dying to take, and I want to focus on the engagement stuff and actually do it.

I did buy the "It's All Tricks" class notes, now that it's in the retired section. I really need to work on some tricks with Hazel and I figured it would be a good resource for some new stuff I haven't tried before with either dog.

My big Fenzi purchase this month was for a working spot at her seminar in April in New Jersey. Yay! The first day is drives and motivation, which I think I'll do with Hazel. The second day is handler's choice and I think I'll work with Watson. I'm super excited.
Oh wow that sounds awesome! I'm sure you will have a blast and learn a lot, but let us know how it goes!

Elrohwen

Oh wow that sounds awesome! I'm sure you will have a blast and learn a lot, but let us know how it goes!
I'm kind of nervous now, because the second day is handler's choice and you basically stand up and have a private lesson in front of everyone. I get stiff and weird even in front of a camera, so I'm probably going to do all sorts of things wrong that I normally do just fine. Oh well. I'm not exactly sure what I want to work on since it's so far away, but I'm going to say heeling in generally, probably, since that's something we're always working on.

Finkie_Mom

It's A Red Dog Revolution
I'm kind of nervous now, because the second day is handler's choice and you basically stand up and have a private lesson in front of everyone. I get stiff and weird even in front of a camera, so I'm probably going to do all sorts of things wrong that I normally do just fine. Oh well. I'm not exactly sure what I want to work on since it's so far away, but I'm going to say heeling in generally, probably, since that's something we're always working on.
Oh man! You will have a blast. Seeing her at Ferretpalooza was so awesome. She'll make you feel at ease.

I'm only doing working on Saturday. Not sure who I'll bring yet LOL. Most likely Kimma. But who knows :p

It will be fun to see you with your dogs :D

Elrohwen

I'm still not sure. I really want to take Denise's Play class.

Then I'm stuck on Conformation Skills and Life Skills. Hazel needs conformation skills, and there is a lot of opportunity for me to improve my training in that area. I've heard that it's a fun class too.

But I'm also kind of interested in the Life Skills class. I'm not sure why, because I happily tolerate a lot of hooliganism from my dogs. But for some reason I'm intrigued by this class. Mostly I'm struggling with being able to take two dogs out in public on my own and maybe if they were both better behaved, or I had some new techniques for dealing with them, it would be easier.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
I want to take Intro to Nosework because I think I would actually do the work, and all three dogs could do it.

I want to do Life Skills because my dogs need them :p and because it might transfer well to teaching.

I'd also like to take Play.

Who knows what I will end up taking :p

Elrohwen

I want to take Intro to Nosework because I think I would actually do the work, and all three dogs could do it.
I think I'm going to take that one in the next round (looks like same class, different instructor?). I hear that they teach it totally differently than most nosework instructors and I'd really like to try it. Watson spend 12 weeks of class searching for food and I felt like it was a waste of time. I think the way they teach in FDSA is much faster and goes right to odor.

Picklepaige

I'm taking Intro to Nosework! Just got in my kit, now just waiting for class to start.

I really hope I've finally found a sport Finn enjoys, and it seems like it will be fun for me as well.

Members online