Disc Dog Training

krissy

Play date today was fun! The wind was wicked which was unfortunate, but we still learned a lot and had fun. Also, we met someone who also drove down from Edmonton (yay 2.5 hr drive to play disc) so we exchanged info to get together again closer to home.

Got some tips for some tricks I stagnated on (getting catches from our rebound, and flips).

We rocked frizgility... 'cause my dog is already wicked at agility.

I took some photos of other folks... hoping someone got a few good shots of Kili that they'll share.

DJEtzel

Officially booked time at our training center to host and instruct an intro to disc seminar.

Pumped.

I'm really hoping we get more interest for disc in our area so that I can start a club. haha.

krissy

Officially booked time at our training center to host and instruct an intro to disc seminar.

Pumped.

I'm really hoping we get more interest for disc in our area so that I can start a club. haha.
Move here and start one with me. I want more disc here, but I don't have enough experience myself to do anything.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.

Pumped.

That sounds awesome! And yes you should start a club. :p

Cajun and I still have a lot of learning to do but it really dawned on me the other day how far we've come. I stumbled across a picture I had seen, back when I first started disc stuff, of a doberman doing a back vault. And I remember jokingly saying to my friend, maybe someday I can get Cajun to do that (but I never had any intention of teaching it to her, because ALL I wanted was for her to simply be able to catch a tossed disc). And I realized that now... uh, Cajun DOES do that.

And then there was that period of a few months where she would not touch a disc at ALL and I was just about done ever trying again with her.
I've gotta give her serious props for humoring me and playing this game with me and doing all these silly tricks.

/mushypost

Members online

No members online now.