Vicks new dog

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches

Cali Mae

Little dog, big voice
I had no idea who this man was until these threads, but I share the same opinion as everyone else. Completely appalled that he is even allowed to own a dog.

However, I do hope that he at the very least accepts ABMC's offer of helping him properly train the dog and that they keep a "watch" on the dog so to speak, for its own wellbeing.

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
From the American Belgian Malinois Club Board of Directors:

The American Belgian Malinois Club Board of Directors is very disturbed about the article on TMZ.com. This article does not reflect the position of the ABMC. We are concerned about the image this article might portray to the public about our breed and our club. The BOD is cautiously forming a response. No permission was given for TMZ to use our club logo next to a picture of Michael Vick, and our Attorney has been contacted.

Respectfully submitted by:
Bonnie Craig
ABMC Corresponding Secretary

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
Fair question: Would any of this be happening if Wayne Pacelle, president of the Humane Society of the United States, had not endorsed Vick?

Following Vick’s release from prison, Pacelle partnered with Vick, allowing the convicted felon to become an HSUS ambassador and go on a speaking tour, which helped rehabilitate Vick’s public image. It surely didn’t hurt that Pacelle’s group received a $50,000 “grant†from Vick’s employer, the Philadelphia Eagles. The outcome for animals is a bit more questionable.

Humanewatch.org

Mach1girl

I truely am sickened by the news. Actually, I truely am ALITTLE MORE sickened by the news, then I have been all along with MV...I mean, I was pretty much tapped-out on being sickened and didnt think I could get any more sickened but alittle vomit actually came up into my throat when I saw this....so yeah-sickening!

I saw a reply on the "hard wiring" of his brain....and I agree with it. I dont want to "feel sorry" for MV because his brain is "wired " incorrectly, because I believe it is actually wired "correct" for MV. Which is evil. His heart is evil as well......so unless they performed a labotomy & open heart surgery-his brain & heart are still evil and suck.

I am appaled at our justice system and have been since this whole MV thing started..I dont trust it or MV....at all.

milos_mommy

Wayne Pacelle is an even more disgusting human being than Michael Vick is - and I highly doubt that if Pacelle didn't get behind him and encourage him to come up with this image of reformation in order to get money, Vick would not have this dog, by law or by choice.

I kind of doubt how much time Vick will spend with this dog away from cameras. I do hope they don't send him off to some god awful "trainer", but the reality is, this dog will likely spend most of it's time with a trainer or caretaker and be nothing but a symbol for PETA, The Humane Society, and Vick. Hopefully whoever does take charge of the dog's care will be savvy enough to give it a decent life.

Everything surrounding MV has to do with money. It's the only reason he's out right now. He owed a lot of important people money, and by playing football he could pay back a lot of rich powerful folks a lot of money. So they gave him babysitters, coaches, bodyguards and a whole team of people to rehab his image and keep him out of trouble so he could make that money and rich folks could get paid back the money owed by Mike Vick. If he doesn't run fast and throw a football none of this matters. He was never anything more than a highlight reel qb anyway and his ability to wow people is going away. He never was much of a winner to begin with.

Hillside

Original Twin
He would be watched like a hawk with ANY breed he got. I hate to be all breed elitist, but most actual dog people can't deal with a Malinois. There are several members here, with high drive dogs that have stated many times over, that while they love seeing ours/hearing about them, that they couldn't deal with them. Even taking away Vick's past, he got this dog "for his kids"...Um, Malinois, in general are not a pet breed.

Gah, I can't even put how I feel into coherent words right now.

Romy

Taxiderpy
I'm really hoping that ARist attitude of, "only bad owners turn dogs mean," will completely backfire on him here. If that mal redirects on him or someone else (preferably him) what are they going to say about him? That it's a bad dog? Or are people going to suspect him of abusing this one too?

I'm really hoping that ARist attitude of, "only bad owners turn dogs mean," will completely backfire on him here. If that mal redirects on him or someone else (preferably him) what are they going to say about him? That it's a bad dog? Or are people going to suspect him of abusing this one too?
Just hope and pray that, if the Mal redirects, it's not during some stupid contrived ("Lookit how much my kiddies LOOOOOOVE our new puppy doggy!") photo op.

And really, PetSmart? I'm guessing it was the only training facility he could find that has a big-arse glass door right into the room they train in. Handy if photographers should happen to find out he's there, eh?

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
posted by the Patrick Miracle on my facebook page today.
The Patrick Movement for NJ shared America's Dog Pit Bull Rescue's photo.
First of all, why would he be signing it anyway? He didn't write it. B & N needs a new Marketing Manager with a brain.

"It appears that Barnes & Noble is planning on hosting Michael Vick for book signings this month. Feel free to let them know how bad an idea that is!!! I have a book recommendation for anyone (including the Barnes & Noble executives) who can stomach reading about Michael Vicks torture of his dogs. The book The Lost Dogs is what the real Michael Vick is all about. Bad idea Barnes & Noble!!!"
It appears that Barnes & Noble is planning on hosting Michael Vick for book signings this month. Feel free to let them know how bad an idea that is!!! I have a book recommendation for anyone (including the Barnes & Noble executives) who can stomach reading about Michael Vicks torture of his dogs. The book The Lost Dogs is what the real Michael Vick is all about. Bad idea Barnes & Noble!!!

Members online

No members online now.