The dog musing/vent thread

Sparrow

The honeymoon stage is over. Cajun is bringing the adolescent dog TO THE MAX. Bully all the things. Flail around like a crazy lady. Bite your boobs. When you tell me to stop doing something, I'm going to listen, but then I'm going to DO IT AGAIN.

omg. I don't recall this with Juno. She had a "lalala I can't hear you" phase but I don't think there was a general pain in the ass naughtiness phase. :eek:
Zoe had a major oppositional phase. She could have been about to run to me, but if I called her, she'd dash off in the opposite direction. She liked her food, but if she dropped a piece and I pointed it out and told her to eat it, she would flat out refuse. We got into a battle of wills over that once. She ate all her food but that ONE kibble I told her to eat, then pulled the stubborn monster out. I ended up putting it in her mouth and she ate it. lol

Saeleofu

My trainer is holding a nosework seminar in a couple weeks! I already registered for it...I think I'll take Logan. She's going to teach us how to do it and make sure we have everything we need to continue, since it's a one-time class for now. So excited! And it's all because I said Hey, you train SAR dogs. Why not teach some nosework?

Also, since I've been working full days and will be for the next week at least and maybe longer, I've started feeding my dogs when I get up (6:30am) and when I get home (5:30-6:00pm) instead of at noon and midnight. When I say "started" I mean today was Day 1. I fed them, took a nap, and then went to the gym. That alone confused the crap out of them, because they ate and then we went to bed like always, but then an hour later it's time to get up? But now it's their traditional feeding/bed time, and they're not getting food. And they're not too thrilled. They're in bed now, but they definitely stoof in front of their bowls for a while, waiting impatiently lol

And last but not least, my dogs need a bath. Especially Gavroche because I can't even remember the last time I bathed him, so it's been a few months. Logan has gone almost a month without a bath and still looks and smells great which is unheard of for him, so this feeding him stuff he's not allergic to is helping! I'm dreading the baths, though, because Logan takes FOREVER and then any time one of the other dogs gets bathed, Logan thinks they smell sexy and wants to make sweet love to them all night long :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Sekah

The Monster.
I accidentally cut the quick when trimming Cohen's nails yesterday morning. It bled a moderate amount. I went to work and got home 9 hours later. Her crazy exuberance and playing upon my arrival back opened up the cut again and she started bleeding once more. Unfortunately 2 hours later we were at agility class. The cut opened up again and bled on my instructor's nice mats. Ugh.

Whoops!

(Just so I don't sound like a total ass, my instructor knew about the cut. I came ready to wrap it, but she wanted to abstain from wrapping unless we had to. We wrapped it and took it easy for the rest of the class.)

Ozfozz

Highbread Dingbat
Terrior-ist Ruby decided to be a brat while I was sitting on the couch with a glass of water.
I pushed her away, she came back with a vengeance.

Full glass of water - ALL over my phone (which is now dead), clothes, couch, and floors.
I'm glad it was just water

On a positive note, my Canicross kit from Canadog came in today :D

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Abrams' crate wouldn't fit in the trunk, so he's currently using a super cheap flimsy pop up crate - and he actually likes it! Took right to it and I haven't had him try to bust out of it, even though the only thing between him and freedom is flimsy mesh. Granted, he only is using it to sleep in and not stay in by himself, but I'm impressed enough that I may splurge and get a high quality travel crate for visits.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
I'm taking Pawsitive Vybe's online foundations disc class. Had my first class tonight. I was just mindf*cked six ways from Sunday. SO MUCH STUFF TO WORK ON! We spent a good 15 minutes of the class just talking about thinks I need to do to keep Siri engaged, and I really think it's going to be awesome.

SO much excite for the 2 online courses I am taking right now. SO MUCH EXCITE!

Toller_08

Journ makes me so proud. She messed up some things in class tonight because she lost her brain for a few moments, but she is always there when it counts in everyday, real life situations and that to me is what matters the most. She is the best.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
I clipped 2 of Cajun's nails tonight. By myself. With just one hand, because the other hand was squirting Easy Cheese at her face. If it wasn't so difficult to maneuver, I probably could have done more! Nice change from last week when me and my dad sat on top of her and got thrown around the room.

But I'm okay with only doing 2 nails at a time if she's cooperative for those 2 nails.

I also did some training with her during our lunch break walk, and was pretty pleased with her focus. I work along a busy road and there's lots of noise and traffic but she was super attentive and flying into her sits and downs, and learned pretty quickly that staying at my left side = treats. Not bad.

Maxy24

I clipped 2 of Cajun's nails tonight. By myself. With just one hand, because the other hand was squirting Easy Cheese at her face. If it wasn't so difficult to maneuver, I probably could have done more! Nice change from last week when me and my dad sat on top of her and got thrown around the room.
Success! What if you smear the easy cheese on the floor in front of her?

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Omigosh. Abrams is driving me INSANE. He's used to a one story house with only Cynder as a doggy influence and a very limited number of people.

He is barking at EVERYTHING. All the time. Chloe or Gracie barks? He has to bark like a mad man. Someone walks around upstairs or comes downstairs? Barks like a mad man. Someone walks down the hall? Barks like a mad man. Someone enters a room that he didn't know was still in the house? Barks like a mad man.

He he won't stop trying to hump my sisters little 5 month old (male) pup, and he's more concerned about marking outside than actually emptying his bladder, so he's had an accident or two in the house.

I'm about ready to tie his muzzle shut and chop his balls off. Dear God.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
Fingers crossed for good news in two weeks.

Good news vibes would be much appreciated...

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Frickin dog that freaks out when she has a poop stuck to her butt then decides to sit and roll on it to try to get it off. Good job. Now you have poop on your tail and back too. And don't you complain about two baths either. Its your own fault.

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
Artimis just flipped out on this little dachshund. I don't know why, he doesn't usually do that. Lately he's been a bit barky but that's only with large dogs and I don't blame him for that due to his experiences with larger dogs. We've been working on that and he's going back to ignoring them, but this was a dog smaller than him, usually he whines and wants to say hi.

This dog he wanted to eat. He went completely cujo on it. I'm now completely irrationally angry and upset at him. It didn't help the look the lady gave me as I tried to get out of there. *shame*

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Apparently small dogs require only 30 mins of exercise a day and big dogs require many hours of exercise a day.

O-kay then...

iriskai

Working 5am-11am then road tripping 8 hours to Maryland. Yay WhippetPARTY. Going to be a loooong day.

Going to see how well Rescue Remedy works for Ezra and his dislike of moving cars. He's not awful, it just drives me crazy when he gets pacey/panty/whiney.

Members online