Journey: Puppy to Adult

Toller_08

Wasn't sure where to put this, but this thread seemed as good as any. It's my go-to place for random Journey stuff that doesn't really fit anywhere else haha.

Journey did this a couple of weeks ago:

While I don't know anything about sheep herding, our instructor was quite impressed with her and thinks it is definitely something we should pursue further.

When we first got into the pen, they were standing super still and she didn't know what to think of them but was super interested. Then when they moved a bit she couldn't take her eyes off of them. She had a couple of nutty moments where she moved in a little too fast and split the sheep up briefly at which point she got frustrated and decided that her voice should loudly be used to tell the one sheep not to run off on it's own, but she came back to me when I called her and kept nice and calm for most of the rest of the time. It wasn't a very long lesson, as it was her first time and the instructor didn't want to overload her and wanted to end on a good, fun note, but it was lots of fun. So neat to watch and I'm really looking forward to going back the next time my friend and I aren't busy with other dog stuff (shows, flyball, etc.). And I am also looking forward to learning more about it, as right now I'm pretty clueless haha. I've never actually done anything with a dog that it was bred to do and I found it very interesting.

Crazy to think that she's nearly 11 months old already. While I am sad that I don't have a little baby puppy anymore, I am really excited to finally be able to start doing more with her soon without worrying about growth plates and stuff. We're going to have even more fun together than we already have been!

Members online

No members online now.