Miniature Poodle Mitral Valve Disease

I have a 6-year-old female Miniature Poodle named Taffy. She was diagnosed with mitral valve disease about 12-weeks ago. I'm wondering if anybody has any suggestions to improve her quality of life and maybe help her life longer. My holistic vet said that mitral valve disease isn't a death sentence and she could live to be 15-years-old. Her skin has been flaky and my vet said that is because of her heart, so she told me to use Earthbath Vanilla Almond Spray for Dogs on her every day. She has also told me to give her a supplement called Herbsmith Herbal Blends Clear AllerQi Powdered Dog & Cat Supplement. I noticed no change, so I took her back to the vet a month later. I was told to change her diet to Fromm Gold Holistic Adult Dry Dog Food, to give her Joint MAX Triple Strength Soft Chews for Dogs, and Virbac Anxitane (L-Theanine) Small Chewable Dog & Cat Tablets. I really wasn't crazy about changing her food, as she has always been very picky about what she eats. I was also told to keep her clipped short at all times, so I ended up purchasing the Andis AG Super 2-Speed Detachable Blade Plus Animal Clipper. After the new food, the supplements and clipping her entire body monthly, I've noticed a very slight improvement. She went back to the vet a few days ago, as she goes monthly to have her heart monitored. I was told not to let her out in the yard to go to the bathroom anymore, as she needed the exercise and I was to walk her every hour during the day until she went to the bathroom, so I have invested in a very large supply of BioBag Standard Dog Waste Bags. :rofl1:

mattwatson

It is truly a great shock to hear about Tuffy. Though Mitral valve disease is not a deadly one, but it harm the skin and heart very much. The precautions you have taken to tackle the disease is good, but besides that I will suggest you to take assistance from an expert professional doc like GlamourDoodles who had helped me once in a satisfactory manner when My puppy was under threat. By the way thanks for the conversation.

Members online

No members online now.