hello :) new and looking for friends and help :)

hello!

ok, so what you need to know, im a whovian :) a tomboy ( in not afraid to play ruff and walk in the mud ;) and i live and breath animal rights and proper treatment. I wish to become a trainer for owners of previously abused dogs to help ease them back into loving homes with lots of understanding :)

so i have been around dogs my whole life, raising them as family pets, training
my friends and their dogs ext.

but iv finally decided it was time i got a 'man's best friend' for myself :)

just in time for major cutbacks at our local shelter to push them into pushing some of their 'special needs' dogs into homes or be forced to move into a high kill shelter (where we all know their chances are low at best) :mad:

anyway, i wish to open my home and heart to one of these special needs dogs who just need a little extra loving ;)

anyway im looking for fundraising ideas and donations for the costly adoption fee for a special needs dog (she has had 2 surgeries ) and hopefully enough to help another dog as time is running short for them :/

It just breaks my heart that at 4yrs old she's facing a death sentence over something she was born with :(

anyway, it's really nice to meet you all:) also any and all help/ advice is appreciated, im open to ideas or if you know anyone who would like to help out :)

Welcome :) I'm looking forward meeting your best friend as well! I will for sure look out for any opportunities to help you in the future!

Welcome to chaz!

I may be wrong, but if you don't have much funding, a special needs animal may not be the right choice for you as they often require more funds, which I am sure you are aware.

You could try a gofundme page and share it on Facebook and such.

What about opening up your home to being a foster place? I think most rescues will pay you for the living expenses of the animal (maybe not all the treatment and quality you would want to give them, but it's something) and that way you can have them until they find the right home?

Look forward to meeting your new pup no matter what you decide!
Good luck!

Members online

No members online now.