Tail Injury

BlackPuppy

Owned by Belgians
I had to take my boy to the vet this morning due to limp tail and crying. Turns out he injured his tail near the base on Sunday, or perhaps Saturday night. Anybody have any ideas how this happened? I have no clue! But it explains his DQ in obedience on Sunday morning. Poor dog, I was ready to throw him out the car door. (Okay, not really, but I was really angry about the obedience fiasco.)

BlackPuppy

Owned by Belgians
I'm still trying to pinpoint when it happened. Our conformation show was at 7 pm on Saturday. He was definitley fine then, very waggy, and sitting down too much when he should have been standing.

Got home at 11pm, woke up at 6 and drove back to the show. I wonder if something happened when I let him in the back yard at 11 pm. I was much to tired to notice at 6 am. And he NQ'd in obedience at 9 am. He did nothing but sniff the ground, had no attention, and even the recall was wonky. He got up to me and started to wander around and never sat the whole time.

BlackPuppy

Owned by Belgians
Boaz's wagger is starting to work again. Poor guy. He's getting much too much love because of it. :) :lol-sign:

BlackPuppy

Owned by Belgians
He's doing much better.

There wouldn't have been any reason to post a photo because there was nothing to see, other than a limp tail. The vet found the injury and showed me how to feel for it. She also cleared out the anal sacs, because one was full.

Last night the tail was up and wagging! Not 100%, but much better.

I and my dog had the same status, with its injured tail and most likely it got an infection. It took time since I realized that its a serious matter then I took him to vet just to remove his tail.

Members online

No members online now.