What is my Fur baby?

I was wondering if anyone could tell me what my fur baby is?
Someone told me Pug,and Corgi...
I kinda see pug but not corgi LOL

joce

Reminds me of the doxie chi mix that lives across the street from my mom. I think they refer to it as a chiweenie.

Here is a better photo of him,,,No he's not a Dachshund/Chihuahua..The black one is a Doxin though..
He actually has a short stocky body.

ACooper

Definitely Chihuahua in there....the rest could be anyone's guess. Most likely more than just a 2 breed mix.

Sweet looking fur baby though :)

Definitely Chihuahua in there....the rest could be anyone's guess. Most likely more than just a 2 breed mix.

Sweet looking fur baby though :)
:) I had him a week when he was stolen,Praise the lord after 35 days gone I got him back Sunday morning at midnight. Only to have him taken in on Wed to be fixed, he was a crypt. Bless his heart he wants me to hold him,and Vet said to keep collar on him,and crated so he'd stay calm, yea right he is upset being in there :(

milos_mommy

I'm also wondering how you know he doesn't have dachshund in him? If you don't know both of the parent's lineage??

teacuptiger

floor dancer
I would personally guess that he is a dog. Definitely bears no resemblance to a baby.
Are you sure? Cuz his eyes sorta look like baby eyes...

Either way, I'd say he has Chihuahua ears and nose and Dachshund legs... Not sure about the head or body, though.

I'm also wondering how you know he doesn't have dachshund in him? If you don't know both of the parent's lineage??
Listen I am just going by what a vet said, and someone else totally different,and what the LAST owner said ok.
I just simply wanted a simple answer.

joce

Vets have no clue.

Love to say how the vet claimed we were scamming people by claiming the doberman Aussie mix puppies we adopted out were mixes and not purebred Aussie puppies. :cool: ummm where is the scam guy?! We would make more selling purebred pups! I think the adoption fee was 75?! The adopter laughed about it but just goes to show how genetics work. It was such an odd litter. Some pups looked just like dobes, some literally passed for purebred Aussie pups and some were just giant fuzz balls!

My cattle dog is supposedly purebred but I think there is some border collie in there which supposedly is bred in to some of the farm dogs. He was a rescue anyway so doesn't bother me. He is definitely farm bred!!

teacuptiger

floor dancer
TBH, unless you've seen the parents, all you can go on are guesses. There isn't really a simple answer, just what we think we see.

Whatever your pup is, he's adorable :)

milos_mommy

Well sometimes from genetics you can venture a good guess as to what is or isn't in a dog's lineage, based on their color or certain hereditary features, but unless someone knew both of this dog's parents there would be no way to know if he does or doesn't have dachshund in him. So I'm not sure why a vet would tell you that.

There's no simple answer when it comes to mixed breeds as a lot of traits can skip generations or are just too recessive to come through. The only way you can really tell is from very costly DNA tests (not the kind you can order online, the kind they perform in genetic or medical research labs), and I'm not sure if those even tell exact breed or just general type. People can guess, but no one can tell you for sure.

Members online

No members online now.