Tugs?

Finkie_Mom

It's A Red Dog Revolution
Random question... What are your dogs favorite tugs? Be it for training or play around the house/yard.

ETA - Links would be greatly appreciated :D

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
The sheep and buffalo tugs are favorites here. Especially the buffalo one (clean run)

Also braided fleece, which I just make for them as needed.

They will also tug on a looped mendota lead if I present it as an option.

If I ever get around to curing some rabbit hides that I have stores, I'll be seeing if I can turn one or two into tugs as well.

FG167

Kastle will tug ANYTHING (Wubba, french linen, jute, fabric lead, leather lead, any of the other dogs' tugs, ball on a string etc etc).

Limit will also tug anything but his favorite are the ball on a string and my fabric lead.

Eden will only tug on fabric/soft leashes and fleece/rabbit tugs/toys. One of her favorites is a braided fleece with rabbit fur braided through it. We got it at a dog show vendor. Everyone adores it but I save it for Eden. She also enjoys the fur toys that have a hidden pocket for treats (I've clicker trained her to "kill" the toy to make treats "fall out" - her tug is also clicker trained so there's that...)

Aikon so far will tug on a Hollee Roller, a leather lead, a fabric lead, and a leather tug.

DJEtzel

Frag will only tug on Fleece- usually thick 3 strands.

Recon will tug on stuffy toys or fleece tugs/slips, but not much else.

Sir will pretty much tug on anything with give or small... Leather leads, orbee balls/rope, slips, fleece, safestix, ropes, whathaveyou. He will NOT tug on jute for some reason..:rolleyes:

Tug will tug on ANYTHING and I mean anything. Rope, hard plastic (including firehose), fleece, rubber, leather, jute, you name it. That's why he's Tug. ;)

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
Oh I forgot about Holee Rollers. And the Kong frisbee. And the giant teddy bear.

But the buffalo hide tug is my usual starter tug...they can't seem to help tugging on it :)

SaraB

New tugs. Seriously doesn't matter what it is as long as its new.

I thought I had Zinga's favorite tug to work one day, it's a sheep skin loooong tug. Then she found an old discarded rubber insert for the Pogo dog toys (http://www.mickeyspetsupplies.com/P...rizzleLg.htm?gclid=CL_liO6KhLcCFYMWMgodN1MAXg) and she loved more. Of course she'd still tug on the other tug but the rubber thing was by far more fun.

So I just switch it up.

Zuma tugs on everything with equal enthusiasm.

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches
Keeva has a small mouth and a missing canine (no one's sure how, I'll be x-raying that eventually lol) so she likes thin stuff - single strands of climbing rope, rags, etc. Squeakers are a favorite too.

Macky likes fleece ropes a lot but really isn't picky if she can get a comfie grip on it.

Blossom...:rolleyes: Anything. Everything. But I prefer her to tug on things she can't destroy (fleece is out). Thick knotted rope toys are my cheap go to, and then I have more expensive tugs (leather, linen, jute) I use for obedience. Oh, and no squeakers. She can't handle squeakers, she looses her mind.

mrose_s

BusterLove
Buster will tug on anything. But I usually use my french linen or leather tugs for him because he just goes harder.

Quinn much prefers her sheepskin tug to everything else.

My pants' leg, lol!
Actually, Payne doesn't have any 'tugs' per se, but she does love to play frisbee and when she catches, the frisbee becomes her 'tug', as she just doesn't want to give it up and it becomes a whole new game getting it back ;)!!

adojrts

Petie doesn't tug and never has.

Who is selective, her fav is the rabbit tugs.

Punky will tug on just about anything but her favs are my sleeve, the fleece tug that Sara made, soft toys and her leash.

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
Rabbit fur from salty dog canvas.

An old piece of sheep skin gyppie ripped off the big piece and covered in barn dirt.

Her holee roller.

Her slime bag.

That's about it. She's not a huge tugger but she likes those.

These hold up really well for me, the one or two handled version, I like the synthetic better than the leather for some reason, but the dogs don't care which. They'll tug on anything and like it. I don't use balls on a string much anymore, they're too dangerous for me :) A tug is a more stable target, if they launch to get the ball and they don't get it exactly, it usually moves around quite a bit swinging around by the rope which makes everything a target in the near vicinity, parts of myself included.

http://leerburg.com/minitug.htm

I've used a lot of other tugs over the years and most don't last that long. Some of the other fluffy type tugs they've ripped in half with one tug so I don't even waste my money on them anymore.

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
These hold up really well for me, the one or two handled version, I like the synthetic better than the leather for some reason, but the dogs don't care which. They'll tug on anything and like it. I don't use balls on a string much anymore, they're too dangerous for me :) A tug is a more stable target, if they launch to get the ball and they don't get it exactly, it usually moves around quite a bit swinging around by the rope which makes everything a target in the near vicinity, parts of myself included.

http://leerburg.com/minitug.htm

I've used a lot of other tugs over the years and most don't last that long. Some of the other fluffy type tugs they've ripped in half with one tug so I don't even waste my money on them anymore.
We use these, Backup has finally ground open a corner of one of them but it took a lot of work (and I suspect he's nabbed it from a training bag at some point). They're very hardy.

To save face at schutzhund we tend to used jute, linen, or leather (but dyed leather always stains after hot dog spit gets it) but outside of that I will use anything I snag on the way out the door or anything that is already in the car and wubbas are always in the car.

On that note the club we're trying out was razzing me for using a purple and green nylon lead and not a leather lead. I wish I could say I'm a rebel but truly I'm just lazy and cheap. LOL

Kootenay

Both my guys will tug on pretty much anything, but I've been wanting to buy some new ones, so I'm happy you made this thread!

Oko

Silence, peasants.
It's really weird, but sweatshirt drawstrings (out of the sweatshirt). He goes nuts for them. And I make fleece braided tugs, he really likes those. But he'll tug pretty much anything, Wesley's a major tugger.

Members online

No members online now.