My poor Hannah

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
Here are some pictures I took today of my poor lab puppy Hannah. She is so depressed since all the other dogs are gone she hasn't done much of anything except lay by my feet. She didn't want to go out and play fetch today either (a lab not wanting to play fetch...this must be serious). I'm going to give her more time and then see if the vet has any suggestions. I have taken her to play with other dogs and she gets so happy then comes home and gets depressed agian. Does anyone here have any suggestions on how I can help her?

filarotten

Fila the love
OH, I am so sorry, Hannah does look sad.When Duke died our vet suggested a lot of stuffed animals with Roxie. It never completley relieved the pain but she did place a lot of them under my son's bed. They hurt just like we do. And they morn just like us. She is just lonely. Give her a lot of love and attention. Maybe try the stuffed animals. it didn't remove the pain for Roxie but maybe helped a little.

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
she's with me all day (except if I go to the store). She naps with me in the afternoon if I'm tired, I never let her out of my sight because I don't want her to feel completely abandoned. If I give her stuffed animals she'll rip them up (maybe her way of coping or something). I'll give her more though. Maybe more trips to the parks.

filarotten

Fila the love
Gosh, I hope Maverick comes home soon. For you and Hannah. Losing a dog is just like losing your family member. Well they are. It hurts. All you can do is cling to Hanna right now and let her cling to you. Roxie and I did it for 8 months before we got Brutus. It is rough, but it helps having each other. Now that I look back maybe it was harder on her. Although I thought I was going to die at the time. But she could not tell me in lay- mens terms how she felt and she got really depressed and gained 30 pounds. partly my fault I felt so bad for her and me. ok, I gained a lot also. And, I have to say your husband will probably not feel the same as you and Hanna do. The testosterone seems to help them thru it. If I was close I would give you both a big hug.....But here is a biiiigggg HUUGGG hope it helps. I am still hoping and believing for both of you. And try the stuffed animals maybe it helps a little. i wish I could do more

bubbatd

It's so sad when they get depressed !!! I had it with Chip when I got him as he missed this old family so ( the kids). Then when Bubba died, I passed my sorrow into his heart too. I really don't know if they feel the pain or our pain.....it's a fine line... Sigh !

Barb04

Super Moderator
Give her lots of love and attention. Maybe try playing some games with her. I wish I could help more.

Doberluv

Oh, I am sorry. She'll get over it in time. Just do like the others said and give her a little extra attention and keep her busy....maybe think of some neat things to do that she doesn't normally do....any special places to take a hike or some new places for walks? I know dogs love walks.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
pooooorr baby..she needs Victor to come cheer her up!

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
smkie said:
pooooorr baby..she needs Victor to come cheer her up!
That would probably really cheer her up. She has so much fun at the park when the other dogs are there and she loves playing in the tennis court with them.

Fran27

Are you still decided to get a poodle? Maybe now would be a good time. I can imagine how hard it is for everyone :( I hope you get some news from Maverick soon.

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
yeah we are looking into some breeders in the Illinois, Iowa, and Indiana area. We go every weekend to look at the dogs and where they are kept and see all the paperwork on the parent's health tests and stuff. We found a little girl pup that we really like and are debating on whether or not we should get her. I think it would cheer Hannah up considerably. The puppy is still available, last time I called the breeder, and noone has come to look at her since us. My husband wants to mail the deposit check until we can get the time to go pick her up at the end of this month (the breeders will be gone every weekend until the first weekend in October). I think Hannah would feel so much better with another dog to play with though.

Members online

No members online now.