Sunflower Cluster 2013!

Saeleofu

CRATES ARE UP! If anyone needs an extra crate, I've got two set up and I only have one dog Saturday-Monday. Even with both dogs, I won't likely use them much Friday. I plan to dump Gavroche at home after coursing. He's not really a social dog :/

And there is a lot of mud. I didn't have time to drive by the coursing field, so it may be in better condition, but there is MUD everywhere else lol.

I'm set up in Pavillion II in space 133.

Saeleofu

I'm not really sure lol. I'm thinking of getting to the Pavillions at 9ish and getting the rest of my crap set up, then heading to the coursing fields. Entries close at 11am, but I suspect they may start letting dogs run before that. No idea though, and that's exactly the answer I got on the phone lol.

I'll go poke Sizzle on FB and see what they're planning ;)

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
Woooooo, we're here! *dies*

I think we're going to be on site around 8:30am to watch dobes, then we'll do a bit of shopping and then head over to the coursing field. Any idea when we need to be there?

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
Okay this is what the premium states:

***61548; Friday: CAT Test # 1 closes at 11:00 a.m. & CAT Test # 2 closes at 2:30 p.m.
So I'm assuming the first CAT will be about 11:30, and the second CAT will be about 3:00pm. Plenty of time to SHOP! Wheee!

Saeleofu

I was going to take a peek at vendors this morning when I set up, but alas, they were setting up, too lol. Apparently I need a device called a Whisker Whacker for Logan's whiskers. That sounds very dirty :rofl1: So I need to find one of those.

Nearly packed! I'd like to say I'll be there at 8 to set up my crap, but I seriously doubt it. I might get up at 8 instead :rofl1: We'll see!

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
Well, we're awake... sort of. Feels like I got absolutely no sleep because Rocket and Kaylee decided they were going to play Cops and Robbers all night. (They were the cops, and EVERYONE ELSE IN THE HOTEL were the robbers.)

So I'm trying to convince myself to get out of bed and take the dogs out to potty. Not so sure I will succeed.

*dies*

Airn

Apparently Gwen has to go out at 7 am regardless of our location. I imagine we'll be there around 9. And there are so many dogs!!! Lol

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
Okay, we're awake and showered. Poison's posts are out. The dogs have eaten. We'll be leaving within an hour!

Saeleofu

I. AM. SO. TIRED. The match wasn't over until 8pm, and I didn't leave the grounds until 8:30, home just before 9.

2 legs of coursing each for Gavroche and Logan. Gavroche got his CA, Logan has 5 legs towards his CAA. Logan also got Group 1 in the match...out of 1 dog :rofl1: He was full of it in the BIS ring because we had to wait so long.

I got a few pictures and a few videos. I may post some tonight, but I'm exhausted and Logan still needs a bath.

I had a lot of fun, though! :D

Saeleofu

Changed my mind. I'm blowing the collie out tonight, and bathing him on ground if he needs it, because I'm too tired. And he's going to be running. And with my luck, if I bathe him tonight, it'll rain overnight and he'll be running in mud lol. He did get a mini bath before the match anyway, so he's not terrible.

Also, the judge for the match told me he looks really good, and he has good movement. He's up against a grand champion male for the rest of the weekend, though.

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
UGH we are sooooooo tired!

Rocket got his CAA leg #7. Didn't get #8 due to a lure operator error... long story, too exhausted to go into it now.

Kaylee got her CAA leg #5 and #6.

Poison got a Group 3 (out of 7 puppies) in the fun match - beaten out by a 6 month old Berner and a 5 month old Sibe. Pretty good for a 15 week old babydog!

A few photos from the CAT...

Kaylee

previwK by sizzzle_dog, on Flickr

Rocket

previewR by sizzzle_dog, on Flickr

Video of Kaylee's CAA leg #6:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQKGDoG_CCQ

She took that first turn really wide because she was anticipating where it would go, but guessed wrong. The course is reversed for the second run, and she was basing her initial decision on her memory of the first course of the day. Clever girl!

Saeleofu

I'm editing pics now! I'll post on Facebook first, then I'll pick the best for Chaz. Most of them came out "okay" at best :/

Members online