I'm another Newzie!

A

AmericanBullyGirl

My name's Jenny and I live in Iowa. I have 1 American Bulldog, 1 bugg, 2 Ragdoll cats, and my daughter has 2 guinea pigs. I also am married with two children. My daughter is 11 and my son will be 4 in a month. Belong to a couple other dog forums but have yet to find one that works best for me and my uncooperative computer and internet service. Always happy to hear from others in Iowa.

Hi Jenny,

I'm not from Iowa, but I know about uncooperative internet service! We live out on a cattle farm in a very rural little area in east Tennessee and until the last couple of months, the only service that was available was dial up, and our phone line, being the last one on the trunk, is far from dependable. It drops us off the internet all the time, especially when it rains! AAARRRGHH! And slow????? The way Chazhound built this forum works very well with my cranky, tedious connection, so I hope you'll have good luck with it, too. This is a very compatible, helpful bunch of people here.

I've got to ask, though, what is a "bugg?"

Renee

A

AmericanBullyGirl

A Bugg is a Boston Terrier/Pug cross. They're very popular here in Iowa. If I knew how to post pictures I would. He's very cute. Looks alot like a French Bulldog without the batty ears.

A

AmericanBullyGirl

Thanks for the compliments. Kinnick does have the best personallity. He has some naughtys though. If I'm not paying attention and if he needs to go out, he'll come pee on my foot. Not a lot but enough to let me feel it and enough to let me know he has to go out. And if I leave him out too long, he'll get into my flowers. He NEVER barks!

We're trying to get Rocko into weight pulling and personal protection work. I hope I can find someone that will come to Iowa. Iowa's such a dead-beat state. :rolleyes:

Oh, that IS a funny naughty on Kinnick's part! When my first German Shepherd, Purdue, was about 4 years old he decided my Dad shouldn't yell at me. If he heard Dad yell at me outside, he would walk up to Dad, lift his leg, and pee down Dad's leg! Purdue didn't do it in the house, thank goodness, just outdoors.

Have you looked at http://www.workingdogs.com ? There is some good information available through the site.

Staff online

Members online