Agility training

Sekah

The Monster.
Here are some recent agility-ish shots. Ever try to do agility on stairs? I've realized there is a reason we do agility in fields and not hills or rocky crags.

The face of concentration.

From our Woofjocks demo earlier this week at Canada's Wonderland.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Oh man tonight was rough. She keeps POOPING ON THE FIELD. This is 3 weeks in a row!

Every time it is her first run and then afterwards she gets a brain and does well.

But dang.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Shah shahs terrible run. We went off course a few times, said hi to the judge and ring crew, missed our weaves but the end was good.

I am just happy to get to compete again after her seizure.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Leaving in the morning for a trial. Payton's first time in FAST class. I still don't think I understand the rules but whatever, I'm just there to put my dog on the contacts and try to make him do the weaves and then get out.

Practice practice practice, good stuff happening in the yard, I am positive none of it will translate to the ring. Though I was sort of amused when Payton went into the weaves at the second pole and I turned around and ran the other direction and he finished the weave poles anyway. YOU NEED TO TEACH THAT DOG INDEPENDENT WEAVES THAT'S WHY HE WON'T WEAVE.

BostonBanker

Pulled from our trial this weekend, cancelled our lesson for next week. Appointment with an orthopedic vet the week after instead. This is not how I want to spend my money.

If this isn't something fixable, I am going to fall apart. Or make poor Meg keep running until she is 20.

xpaeanx

Pulled from our trial this weekend, cancelled our lesson for next week. Appointment with an orthopedic vet the week after instead. This is not how I want to spend my money.

If this isn't something fixable, I am going to fall apart. Or make poor Meg keep running until she is 20.
I'm sorry BB. That is really a stinky situation. :-/

Finkie_Mom

It's A Red Dog Revolution
OK I think Jari is growing a brain... And/or Recallers is working. I don't care WHAT it is I just hope it continues!!!! His nose will go to the ground sometimes while running but he's starting to come off quickly. His contacts and weaves are looking great though.....

:( I'm sorry - what a terrible situation...

Leaving in the morning for a trial. Payton's first time in FAST class. I still don't think I understand the rules but whatever, I'm just there to put my dog on the contacts and try to make him do the weaves and then get out.

Practice practice practice, good stuff happening in the yard, I am positive none of it will translate to the ring. Though I was sort of amused when Payton went into the weaves at the second pole and I turned around and ran the other direction and he finished the weave poles anyway. YOU NEED TO TEACH THAT DOG INDEPENDENT WEAVES THAT'S WHY HE WON'T WEAVE.
I don't know what FAST is either but YOU CAN DO IT, PAYTON!!!

They're not straight and there are only 4, but he is learning some moves.

OMG look at him go!!!!!!!

Sekah

The Monster.
We did a quick trial this morning - just two runs. It was close to my house so I couldn't resist.

The first run was kind of a wash. It had stormed last night and was still raining during the run. The grass was very slick. I think we had a refusal and a knocked bar when I couldn't get far enough ahead to execute a cross properly.

The second run was also kind of a mess, but we Q'd. It was an Adv Gamblers run - our third - so we're now able to enter masters gamblers! It's our first time breaking out of advanced. I'm not surprised it was gamblers though - no set course, lots of focus on distance, just run and have some fun - it's definitely our game.

Cohen continues to impress me with her ability to keep bars up these days. She's not perfect, but she's working hard.

Members online

No members online now.