To aussibe or not aussibe

Joined a BC group once. Said that I believe my Charlie (black and white dog in my siggie) has some BC in her. You would've thought I tried passing her off as purebred. Yeah.... that was a fun experience.

To me Ripley looks like a husky/retriever mix. But not having met here it's hard to go by just looks. Charlie was a mountain cur at the shelter she came from, then a lab mix at the place I work, but just with living her and knowing my breeds... I peg her as a Pit/BC/Beagle mix of sorts lol.
Yeah I think it's going to be something I'm just going to have to be aware of. Maybe I'll find a good mutt group, though wasn't having much luck when I tried before.

I think the main reason I'm not seeing husky in him is his personality. He seems too lazy to have any. lol Though he can be active...it seems to be more mental stimulation he desires than physical [he doesn't seem to have the desire to run, but has done what appeared to be 'herding,' I'm no expert there though]. He's very sniffy, is constantly searching ground and can find a stick thrown in the snow without seeing where you tossed it. Fetch and tug are his fave. He's also very naturally focused...just show me, I'll do it [unless you're trying to take a picture]. He's also very sensitive to loud sounds, very involved in whatever you are doing-must be part of it, puzzles are a blast and so forth. I'd think more lab if not aussie I think.

Who knows, he's still great.

Members online

No members online now.