Homemade crate covers for demo fundraiser!

krissy

As some of you may remember from an earlier thread, Kili and I were invited to give an agility demo at a greyhound event in Utah in May. I'm fundraising the necessary monies for us to be able to go. My first fundraiser was greyhound t-shirts, so I didn't really post them on here since they weren't super relevant to you guys. But my next fundraiser might be of interest to some of you.

I made Kili a crate cover recently. I used to have this ratty old blanket that I threw over her crate, but I wanted something prettier, so I went to the fabric store and ended up making myself one. I posted photos of it on the greyhound forum and people really liked it and a few people asked about whether I would consider selling them.

Here it is (sorry about the size, I'm at work and can't resize):

Cost depends on the size of the crate. This is a 42" long crate and I'd probably charge about $65 (materials cost about $50). If you let me know the size of crate I can give you a cost. I'll need pictures and measurements of your crate and an idea of colour or pattern, then I'll go to the store and find you some options to pick from. Can be all one fabric or the doors can be different as I did on mine.

Thanks! :)

Finkie_Mom

It's A Red Dog Revolution
Oh wow!! I love it!!! I wish I had the funds to afford something like that... Jari's crate is that size I think, and Bubbles has a 36". But Invitationals has taken all of the money (so I totally understand where you are coming from!!!).

Airn

When is your event? I'm interested but SS and just general holiday shopping has taken a toll on my spending budget. If you're still doing them after the holidays, I'd like to get one :)

krissy

When is your event? I'm interested but SS and just general holiday shopping has taken a toll on my spending budget. If you're still doing them after the holidays, I'd like to get one :)
Our demo isn't until May, so lots of time. I don't particularly want to be swamped with orders all at once anyway. ha ha. I only have so much spare time for sewing. :)

Airn

Our demo isn't until May, so lots of time. I don't particularly want to be swamped with orders all at once anyway. ha ha. I only have so much spare time for sewing. :)
Great! I'll keep an eye on the thread and request one next year. I totally get not wanting to get an influx of orders. Especially for something you're not used to it/don't use as your sole income.

krissy

Just adding a new cover I made. :)

Kili is doing really well in agility, but all that agility love means she hasn't been settling in her crate very well. She has taken to crying and complaining about the fact that it is not her turn. It's a huge waste of energy, not to mention annoying. At the last fun match I ended up throwing an old blanket over her crate. I figured I might as well have a cute cover! In the summer we bench outside so I usually use my reflective mesh sun tarp, but in the winter this is going to be perfect.

I'm really happy with it, especially because this crate is not rectangular. I made little tabs too that do double duty... they keep the door flap up when I want to leave it open, and they keep the door flap tightly fixed when it's down so there are no cracks to peek out!

Members online

No members online now.