Prime puppymill real estate for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
yoko: I'm not saying that there isn't a problem still. I am just saying that a lot of times the blame is placed on the wrong people and numbers overinflated in order to meet someones agenda. I don't like it any better than the next person which is why I too do my part with breed rescue myself.

shadowfacedanes: I didn't say that there were no pure bred dogs in shelters. But they are a minority to the mixed breeds. And most certainly an even smaller percentage from breeders (and yes, that rips me too when I hear this). Many times the pure bred ones are there because owners didn't do their homework on the breed BEFORE they bought on an impulse or the novelty wore off as the cute little puppy got bigger or became destructive. I believe educating people has played a significant role in reducing the numbers in the post I put up with the chart...but only by continuing to educate people (instead of placing blame) are the numbers going to continue to go down.
And I HAVE been on the other end while one has taken it's last breath.

I send people to clubs all the time. I pay for a yellow page ad that covers the state of GA. This is not cheap, in fact, it's pretty costly. This ad is located in the "dog breeders" section. I get calls, from all over the country, as well as GA about this ad. People ask me for an assortment of breeds. Where do you think I refer them? The local and national clubs.
The mentality that good breeders cannot advertise on the mass marketed sites is exactly why people can't find good breeders. Hobby/Professional Breeders need to realize that they are in competition with the large commercial breeders. While they might have great dogs, great ethics, great ideals, the public cannot and will not know this unless they are out there where they can be seen. If you are not out there showing the world what a well bred correct temperamented dog looks like then how are they supposed to know.

So you are no better than a car salesman then?

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
So is this a threat of being banned because I don't agree with you? I have not been hostile or nasty, I have not reduced to calling anyone names, I have not made veiled threats or cryptic innuendo.
No, actually, it's an inside joke between Aussie and myself. Feel free to do some searching and you will see these jokes all over- between her and I.

Raven2

I send people to clubs all the time. I pay for a yellow page ad that covers the state of GA. This is not cheap, in fact, it's pretty costly. This ad is located in the "dog breeders" section. I get calls, from all over the country, as well as GA about this ad. People ask me for an assortment of breeds. Where do you think I refer them? The local and national clubs.
The mentality that good breeders cannot advertise on the mass marketed sites is exactly why people can't find good breeders. Hobby/Professional Breeders need to realize that they are in competition with the large commercial breeders. While they might have great dogs, great ethics, great ideals, the public cannot and will not know this unless they are out there where they can be seen. If you are not out there showing the world what a well bred correct temperamented dog looks like then how are they supposed to know.
I see it depends on who you are talking to.
So on USABreeders you are telling them one thing and here another. Then with the ad another.

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
Honestly.. I'm tired of moderating this.. let's move on, folks. We all know what we know now and there's no more point to this.

So you are no better than a car salesman then?
How many meetings have you been in with your breed clubs covering topics about legislation and public education. How many legislative issues have you fought for? And I don't mean online petitions. Do you do anything involved with the dog fancy? Or just complain?

ACooper

Hey Nik........wanna brownie??

I have been hiding ONE more for just the right time.......there may be some pocket lint on it, but it's still good!

(got milk?)

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
Hey Nik........wanna brownie??

I have been hiding ONE more for just the right time.......there may be some pocket lint on it, but it's still good!

(got milk?)
Yes please! I have ice cream to go with it. Hmm. Might also have some whipped cream and a cherry to top! :D

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
CLEAN concrete does not hurt a little puppy's pads one iota. They should have a house that is heated or cooled, access to a run (at the very least) a room in your house is much better..one where you can see them, talk to them, monitor them, oh my,,,that is hard to do with more then one litter at a time isn't it. Dirt..is not hard on pads..good grief, especially when it is beneath a clean lawn, one preferably not treated with chemicals. Or infested with worms. There is nothing i hate more then a puppymiller, or a byb...or a "homebred". That is the latest term around here. I think if i had to hold up an example of my opinion of the perfect breeder, it would be love-4-pits. Anything short of that, is unacceptable. Pups should never eat their dung..THE DUNG should not BE AROUND for them TOO EAT. Of course that is hard to do with multiple litters too isn't it. A female should have no more then 3 litters in a life time. If that.

How many meetings have you been in with your breed clubs covering topics about legislation and public education. How many legislative issues have you fought for? And I don't mean online petitions. Do you do anything involved with the dog fancy? Or just complain?
None, Ild rather educate people from buy pups from peddlers like yourself. Do you have any idea how many huskys are given up and then put down every year here do to "hobby" breeders like yourself? The local animal controll and rescues can only take so much. Ild rather donate money to help send an Alaskan Husky to a home outside of Alaska, then be put down here in a shelter. Im not going to waste my time or money to help keep puppy millers and unethical breeders in bussiness. I guess I just side with the hobby breeders when they are a working dog kennel, not just interestted in ribbons. The new laws in CA have gone too far, that I will agree with you on.

I saved 2 mutts from going to the pound, I didnt realize mutts had a breed club. I donate cash to groups here that foster.

Have you answerred Doberluvs list of questions about breeding? If not start a new thread and do so, otherwise you are just as bad as a commercial dog breeder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.