i hate people "saving" dogs graphic warning

When have I called someone a hypocrite?

How about you lose the chip on your shoulder and start playing nice? I know you find every post I make intolerable, but please, move on.

Are you serious? In like, every thread where you agitate everyone, then pretend you didn't mean it.

I'll lose the chip on my shoulder when you pull that stick out of your nether regions.

And I hate to break it to you....I don't sit around waiting for you to post. In fact, you've been on my ignore list for some time now...I believe since the absurdities you posted in Baha's treadmill post where you managed to insult several people again with your blanketed assumptions.

I only happen to see what you post now when someone quotes it, unless I feel like taking a gander to see if perhaps you've finally written something that's relevant to the conversation and NOT inflammatory. Usually though, I just continue to ignore you, just as I will do in the future.

I read threads to learn. I've learned nothing from you except how to spin a conversation and I'm just not interested in that. You're not worth the time and effort it takes to write anymore, and to those that were GENIUNELY posting in this thread because it was a topic of interest to them, I apologize for derailing it.

I honestly see both sides of it and I really do think it depends on your area and your cat. I had one cat that liked going outside, the other did not.

I can tell you right now if I let my dogs outside, someone would steal them. So I do have to worry about others. Just like if someone didnt want my cat in their front yard, they had to worry about me and deal with me. if I let Kody out, one of 3 things would happen.

A. He would be stupid and run in front of a car and get killed
B. Someone would steal him thinking he was loose- so yes it is more ACCEPTED for a cat to be outside
or C. He would sit by the front door wanting to come home.

Mittens enjoyed his outside time. he was very nimble, and loved laying on the block wall or in trees, or under bushes. He got enjoyment from being outside way more than my dogs ever would.

I wouldnt let my dogs be indoor outdoor dogs, just like I wouldnt let my GOLDFISH be an indoor outdoor goldfish. Different animals, different needs.

Doberluv

Dekka... I know what you mean. Like I said, Bonnie use to kill and eat rabbits. She threw up right afterwards. But I think when we read these things, they mean as a whole...or over all. At least I hope that's what they mean. There are always exceptions and instances where dogs will go further than most. And that's what I've gathered from so many places. When I try to make my point in various posts that dogs are more scavangers than they are hunters, or "primarily" scavangers, the words, "more" or "primarily" seem to be passed over. That article made it sound exclusive. Some dogs will occassionally band together and take down a deer. Whether or not they eat the deer, I don't know. I never saw it. It's like making generalizations about human behavior. There are always exceptions. I really believe that. But from many more recent observations, better studies etc, as you have also seen, a lot of myths about dog behavior have been left behind while new findings are concluding otherwise. Findings about dominance or linear hierarchies, pack behavior vs. social behavior, better training methods which don't rely on dominance and force. I think it's important to not get stuck on information which wasn't based on very thorough observations and which often didn't come about from any kind of science in some cases. It's amazing how long it takes for information to trickle down.

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Are you serious? In like, every thread where you agitate everyone, then pretend you didn't mean it.

I'll lose the chip on my shoulder when you pull that stick out of your nether regions.

And I hate to break it to you....I don't sit around waiting for you to post. In fact, you've been on my ignore list for some time now...I believe since the absurdities you posted in Baha's treadmill post where you managed to insult several people again with your blanketed assumptions.

I only happen to see what you post now when someone quotes it, unless I feel like taking a gander to see if perhaps you've finally written something that's relevant to the conversation and NOT inflammatory. Usually though, I just continue to ignore you, just as I will do in the future.

I read threads to learn. I've learned nothing from you except how to spin a conversation and I'm just not interested in that. You're not worth the time and effort it takes to write anymore, and to those that were GENIUNELY posting in this thread because it was a topic of interest to them, I apologize for derailing it.

Yeah, I suggest you put me back on ignore because I am not sure I want to hear any more of your bitter posting.

You clearly have some grudge, and I am not interested in holding grudges with people over petty issues.

Bye.

Dekka

Just try me..
Dekka... I know what you mean. Like I said, Bonnie use to kill and eat rabbits. She threw up right afterwards. But I think when we read these things, they mean as a whole...or over all. At least I hope that's what they mean. There are always exceptions and instances where dogs will go further than most. And that's what I've gathered from so many places. When I try to make my point in various posts that dogs are more scavangers than they are hunters, or "primarily" scavangers, the words, "more" or "primarily" seem to be passed over. That article made it sound exclusive. Some dogs will occassionally band together and take down a deer. Whether or not they eat the deer, I don't know. I never saw it.
Oh I agree on the scavenger part. My guys are very much the opportunistic scavengers. They are amazingly adept at getting into garbage.

I wonder if the lack of eating of 'kills' is due to many dogs not knowing about food outside of scraps and kibble. MP's dog Cider acts like she has very little idea that raw is food. Kaiden who wasn't raised raw didn't eat his kills at first. Snip, Dekka, Zo and the whippets automatically seem to see a kill as 'food'. (we have lots and lots of not so smart bunnies in the spring)

Pops2

Doberluv
this lady in the link is contradictory to herself and her writing on this web page alone has a ton of false information. she clearly is agenda driven. she reminds me of the global warming alarmist who suddenly had to come up w/ explanations for a series of the worst winters on record.
as an example she goes to great lengths to show that dogs are not wolves (a position i agree w/ but not based on her arguements), then she claims dogs aren't pack animals because they don't act like wolves. first pack is an agreed upon term that simply refers to a social group of canines. advanced cooperative social groups exist in almost all higher order families. in birds it's flocks & cats it's prides & in herbivores it's herds. given the stance that dogs are not wolves nor descended from them, it would be (scientifically) inappropriate to expect one species to conform to the social & behavioral norms of another species. it would be no different than saying lions are not pack animals because they don't behave like wolves (technically this would be true since we've all generally agreed to use the term pack for canines & pride for lions).

another funny one is her assertion that dogs are basically useless for hunting. just for simplicity i looked at just the AKC recognized breeds & about 3/4 of them either originated as hunters but are no longer used for it, originated as multipurpose breeds who were hunted as well as whatever job they are now regarded for, bred & used primarily for hunting now or were bred for something else but are so good at hunting as to be widely used for it now. it also overlooks the fact that the packs of truly wild dogs capes in africa, dholes in S asia & dingos in Oz are highly predatory and scavenge only occassionally.

anyway there is alot wrong w/ her book and promoting it will be promoting disinformation.

Members online

No members online now.