I'm illustrating a book!

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
Well, more than one, but one to start. :p

Posted this in Good News, but heck it warrants its own thread. I'm working with a local author named Sonja and her chihuahua, Monte, to illustrate a series of children's books about travelling the world and being eight inches off the ground.

Montecristo Travels is all about Monte and the travels he takes with Sonja and her partner. Places he visits in the books are places he's actually visited in real life. The first one will be all about his travels to Piazza del Duomo in Pisa.

Sonja finally announced the project yesterday with a fun blog post that tells you more about her vision for the book, shows the cover of the book and a few of the concepts we've worked on so far.

It's a momentous project - a lot of illustrations, and I'm doing the book layout to boot! It's my first contract as a children's book illustrator though, which has been a dream of mine since I was quite young. :) Foot in the door!

I'll happily update this thread as Sonja posts updates - as a rule I am not allowed to divulge things until she has, in order to keep some of the book a secret until launch! ;) I do welcome questions, though, and I'll answer all that I can.

So, so happy to be doing this, going to be fun!

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
*happy dance*

Awesome! Your work sounds so perfect for this project. It's going to be amazing :)

Grab

Awesome! I'll definitely have to pick up a copy for my kiddo. We love books here:D

Gonna have to pick up a copy for my sister's kids and a copy for my brother's little girl. Do I care that my bother's little girl is like 1.5 months old and might be a little young? no, no I don't.

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
Thanks guys! I'll be posting regular updates to my FB page and Sonja to the Montecristo Travels page, but I'll do my best to update here too. :D

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
Wanted to finally update this thread. :D

The book is done. Seeing some delays on the translation/publishing end of things, but we're still hoping for a release before Christmas. Might not be until the new year. :( I will keep everyone posted!

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
The Montecristo Travels to Pisa book is officially for sale in the United States on Amazon.com in Paperback!!

http://www.amazon.com/Montecristo-T...424396716&sr=8-1&keywords=montecristo+travels

Canadian and European folks have to wait a few weeks - Amazon publishes to their home site within a few days, but it takes several weeks to show up in the other international channels. Sort of weird that it's only available in a non-resident country first, but it's a start!

So, American Chazzers, have at it!

We have a local book launch party coming up too. I'm published on Amazon. *__* Amazing.

amberdyan

The Montecristo Travels to Pisa book is officially for sale in the United States on Amazon.com in Paperback!!

http://www.amazon.com/Montecristo-T...424396716&sr=8-1&keywords=montecristo+travels

Canadian and European folks have to wait a few weeks - Amazon publishes to their home site within a few days, but it takes several weeks to show up in the other international channels. Sort of weird that it's only available in a non-resident country first, but it's a start!

So, American Chazzers, have at it!

We have a local book launch party coming up too. I'm published on Amazon. *__* Amazing.
That's so great! Congratulations!!!

Members online

No members online now.