A little project I've been working on

I figured this might be a good place to share this, since I know several of you are Game of Thrones/ASOIAF fans as well as dog people. I treated myself to a drawing tablet a few months ago - I missed doing art, but it's impractical to keep a lot of art supplies in a tiny dorm room, so this has been my compromise. It's quite fun to use, but I'm still learning, so bear with me :)

I've started a project drawing ASOIAF characters as dogs (extremely geeky of me, I know) and I've done three so far, although I have a whole long list of characters I want to get to. Here are the first three I've done:

Sandor Clegane - Plott

Daenerys Targaryen - Pharaoh Hound

Khal Drogo - Tibetan Mastiff

I'll be posting more here as I draw them, if you'd like to check it out!
http://game-of-dogs.tumblr.com/

Equinox

OH MY GOD.

afasfjadlg;kafhs;fjs;lfjdskl;fjdslkf

THIS IS AMAZING.

I had no idea you were such an incredible artist!! And the idea! This is everything I love put into one, and the idea is awesome. I am totally geeking out right now because of how amazing this is.

Dany and Drogo <3 They are perfect, as are the breed choices. Love The Hound, too, of course. Will you be doing characters that have yet to be introduced to the TV series, too? Some of the characters from Dorne? The Red Viper, the Sand Snakes...?

And speaking of Stannis, I'd love to see Melisandre, too.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Very nice. LOve how you use the lighting to set the mood.

Thanks all, I've had a lot of fun doing these!

I have a Stannis. He needs to be a Malinois. Lol
Count on it :)

Dany and Drogo <3 They are perfect, as are the breed choices. Love The Hound, too, of course. Will you be doing characters that have yet to be introduced to the TV series, too? Some of the characters from Dorne? The Red Viper, the Sand Snakes...?

And speaking of Stannis, I'd love to see Melisandre, too.
Hopefully! The Sand Snakes are really intriguing characters (well, pretty much everyone from Dorne is, to be honest) and I do want to draw them at some point. It take me 3+ weeks to do each one though, so it may be a while :) Melisandre is definitely on my list as well!

Finally finished another one!

Arya Stark - Jagdterrier

I was putting off doing Arya, since she's a complicated character and I had some trouble picking out a breed...I got a request to draw her though.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
one day I hope to try one. I am old school. I use to retouch photographs in a sweat shop via photo dyes. I know how to mix my colors. I wonder what it is like on a tablet, where you don't have to create it, it's just there. In a way I am glad for the experiences I have had, but on the flip side I wonder if I would have made faster progress in my drawing skill level if I had access to what you have. Keep on with your good work and please come back and share.

Members online

No members online now.