R our dogs too skinny?

tcreed

They look nice and shiny with the coats to me, so I would say that you are right on!!!

Ash47

Taco Dog
Ditto tcreed. Precious was a fat lard when we got her. But now, I think she has shaped up pretty well.

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
I think your pups look awesome. My lab puppy went through a really skinny stage as well at about 3 months. I was so worried that if I took her somewhere that people would think we were abusing her and starving her. She's six months old and is still a little skinny looking but with all the junk that she finds and eats throughout the day she is working on fattening herself up.

dani12

I've also heard that they may be skinny when they grow up b/c they were spayed/neutered so early, especially with Jedi. I've read that he may not gain some of his muscle mass but always look "lanky".

Dreeza

Zoom said:
Dreeza--for a moment, your dog looked like a goat and I got really confused, then I scrolled the page over and saw the tail.

LOL! thanks!

and Dani, i dont think i said it in my other post...but your pups are sooo incredibly adorable!!!

bogolove

I think they are beautiful. Puppies can be like kids where they go through pudgey phases and skinny phases. Brady went through a skinny phase and he has filled out quite nicely. He is muscular, not pudgey at all. I hope the walks keep him that way.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
My brothers GSD was a rescue and he is VERY skinny. They have had him for a couple of years now and he is healthy as a horse according to their vet and he eats MORE food than he should and he is VERY skinny. Almost looks emaciated. But he eats the amount the vet suggested but he plays VERY hard. He has so much energy and just plays the entire day non stop. He doesn't have any kind of worm like heartworm or anything but they aren't sure what happened to him before they got him they just thought he was starved. Turns out its just him. I do not think your puppies look skinny at all. i think they look very healthy but it just goes to show that a skinny puppy is better than an overweight puppy.

Allyse718

I want 2 b a dog 4 a day
People say that Katy is too skinny all of the time too. She's really just tall and lanky and that's the way she is built. She could eat and eat and eat until there was no more food. Don't worry about it, like SHOWPUG said, most people don't know what a good size for a dog is anyway.

dani12

Fran27 said:
Spaying and neutering has no effect at all on puppy growth. It's just a myth.
I've heard it's a myth too. There is so much info. out there you never know what is true and what isn't!
And thanks Dreeza your furry one is cute too!

Well, Jedi and Daisy have woofed down another meal in about 3 minutes flat (if that!). That eat so quick...

suzy_99

I get the exact same reaction from people when they see my 3 month old dalmatian/akita mix. They always assume that she is a black lab and that she should be fat because she is a puppy, however, she looks almost exactly the same as your puppies in her body structure. I must say though that I too once beleived that puppies are suppose to have "baby fat" and if I saw a lean puppy I often thought that it was underfeed or sick. I know now that I was completely wrong on this, but it is a common misconception among many people.

Members online

No members online now.