Koolie vs GSD vs Aussie

SaraB

All three of those breeds are very different, they all excel at the jobs they were bred for. It's kind of like comparing apples to oranges. That being said I'm a koolie person all the way.

milos_mommy

I have no experience with koolies. I've always wondered if they're comparable to ACDs or BCs.

Aussies and GSDs are very different dogs. I think Aussies are personally a better fit for me, just because of some of the anxiousOCD tendencies of GSDs that would likely feed on some of my medical problems. GSDs are more protective, more prone to DA/SSA and sometimes small animal aggression, I think moreso than Aussies. Aussies seem to be generally healthier as well. Aussies can definitely have a bit of a guardy streak but I think they're more likely to love everybody than GSDs. I tend to see more BYB /poorly bred GSDs, as well.

milos_mommy

Oh yeah I forgot about that....they are notoriously loud. I've never heard one but I have heard people be slightly shocked at the noises they make.

FG167

GSDs are my breed, I love them. Koolies would be a close second. Both very drivey, fun, working dogs (I have working line GSDs). I have a Kelpie which IME tends to show more nerves than a Koolie but similar in size/structure and drive. Both are...vocal.

I have been around a handful of Aussies for an extended time period and while I was initially interested (before I got my Kelpie), I now know, they are so not the breed for me. The noise they make is one that I cannot live with LOL

Members online

No members online now.