Eagle Pack

I have been wanting to switch Diego to some of the more healthy foods that you all have talked about here. After some research, I finally found someone that carries Eagle Pack. It is a farm store only 16 miles from my home. If I start Diego on that, should I use a puppy formula or go strait into a regular formula? Also, can anyone here give me a round about price that they pay for a small or medium size bag? Just wondering... thanks!

Saje

Island dweller
Hi.

I pay $56 Cdn after tax for a 33 lb bag. (I think. could be 30lbs.) I looked it up. That's about $46 U.S.

As for the formula. I feed my dogs )who are both between a year and a year and a half) the regular formula. However, they don't always have that and I will buy the puppy one. it's the same price. I don't really want to say more about that as I don't know as much as some other members.

Hope that helps

Barb04

Super Moderator
I buy Eagle Pak and the large bag costs $39 where I live. I also put some of the Eagle Pak canned food in with the dry and it costs me $1.39 a can.

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
yeah it's around 30 dollars for a large bag of the large breed puppy formula. I also mix in a little of the canned food as well and it's a 1.39 for me too. He seems to like it better with the canned food mixed in.

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
what formula you use depends on his age and the size he will be when full grown. I would ask my vet though how long they would suggest he stay on the puppy formula. Larger breed puppies need to stay on the puppy formula for more than a year (some 18 to 24 months my vet told me). My Mack is suppose to stay on his puppy formula for atleast 18 months (I'll check back with my vet after that time to see what to continue feeding him).

Mordy

Quigleyfied
juliefurry said:
Larger breed puppies need to stay on the puppy formula for more than a year (some 18 to 24 months my vet told me).
large breeds should not eat a regular puppy formulation at all. for them an adult formula or a large breed puppy food is the better choice.

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
yeah I have him on the large breed puppy formula (sorry I should have been more specific). Mack's on the Eagle Pack large breed puppy formula. Sorry, my bad!

Members online