about my dog being mated

dazzlet

hi i had a posting on a short while ago about my dog being mated when she was still bleeding and she got into a tie with a male dog. i asked if she could get pregnant whilst she was still bleeding and was told yes.
all this happened just over 2 weeks ago and she is not showing any signs that she may be pregnant. she is no larger than she was before no change in personality or activities, so does this mean then she didnt get pregnant after all then.
how long would it take for her to start showing any signs of pregnancy from the initial tie she experienced.

thanks daz

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
Dogs usually don't get a belly until a week or two before the due date of the puppies. Hence oops litters. People don't even realize their dog is pregnant and then one day they go out and theres puppies with the mum. Your obviousely new to all this.

dazzlet

thanks fory your responses so it is sure possible that my dog could be pregnant what is the probability of this being the case as it was her 1st period she did get in a tie two times tho both times lasted about 15 mins
thanks

Since she's so young, you'll definitely want to have the vet monitor her, especially when it gets near to time for the pups. She could have trouble that requires veterinary intervention to save her life.

dazzlet

thanks fory your responses so it is sure possible that my dog could be pregnant what is the probability of this being the case as it was her 1st period she did get in a tie two times tho both times lasted about 15 mins

Saintgirl

You absolutley need to keep your dog monitored by a vet. If she is pregnant she will need special care because she is too young to be having a litter. Most bitches should be at least two years old to ensure the saftey of the mother and the pups.

dazzlet

luckily the male is the same breed as she is so it isnt too bad thanks for the advice

moe

I can to a certain degree understand that an accident happening once, but you say she got tied two times? :eek: why did'nt you seperate after the first? and if you had her mated intentionally, why have you done so on her first heat? surely you know it is not recommended a ***** get pregnant so young.Your poor pup, there is a stong chance she is pregnant, lets hope she can cope with the stress of pregnancy.

Mo

bubbatd

I agree....she's sooooooooooo young !! and twice ????? She's still a baby herself with growing bones. Please check with your vet for extra calcium. And I hope she is worm free.

Members online

No members online now.