Dog Growth

AFawbush

I have a GSP and now he is about 14 weeks old. He is at 25 pounds. I know that all dogs grow differently but I was just wondering what other people puppies were at around this age to kind of judge somewhat his adult size. THanks.

oriondw

user not active
I think he was around 100 pounds at 8 months. Not really sure though.

I havent weighted him in a while, he doesnt fit on scales anywhere i can take him.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
i think it depends on the hertitage of your pup..i dont know about your breed exactly mostly i know labradors and pointers..a lab is close in size and that sounds about right..girl dogs reach their max around 6-8 mths where a male lab grows up for the first year (height) and out for the second (muscle and dense bone) they thicken like human males do. A male labrador can run from around 75 on the small side to around a hundred on the very large side. Since the two breeds are both heavy boned i am sure that is a close proxy.

Sunnypup

mostly ignored...
wow, sunny is almost 7 months and the silly guy is only just over 20lbs. :) He's smaller then Renee's dogs when they were just babies! :eek: Better not tell him though or he'll try to get all "big dog macho" again. :rolleyes:

Fran27

Boris is 55-60 at 6 months (golden retriever). I'm very curious to know how big he is going to turn up to be :)

Members online