Hyia is learning

Hat cat lost his balance making a wide reach for something. This is why you do not let your cat be a hat cat. It's the middle of the night, i can not leave, i am out of any kind of ointment, and I don't know if it went all the way through or not, it is inside my ear as well, i know the bottom of it is a good deep puncture, from a dirty back toenail. I was already having a first class fubar day.
Well I would have said more then a few four letter words! No cat hats in this house!

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I know it was a freak accident. He lost his balance and was falling. He caught himself with my ear lobe. I just wish it wasn't a back nail especially. I am grateful we keep a very clean litter box, using paper and changing often, but still, I doubt that makes much difference. I cant see it to know..i had to take a stupid pic and thought..and when was my last tetanus shot. I had surgery 2 years ago, so surel it must be current. I have no idea. IT isn't too bad this morning I think. Not throbbing or anything, sore as hell. so so far so good .I taking a mean big gun of an antibiotic anyway so fingers crossed.
this was just the icing on the cake. First thing he did this morning was want up on my shoulder. He is normally so dang careful it's become a game and I have never had so much as a pin prick. He is a big cat now. ALmost as big as Sancho, longer, in all directions than Sancho is, but not quite as heavy.

I think his nail went sideways and then down to where it pireced, in and down.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
ow Ow OW!!

I think you should be ok since you're already on antibiotics. Maybe smear some honey on it? That's good for healing lots of things.

gapeach

Big Mutts
In your "it won't happen again"pic he looks very sorry, even like he might cry.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I love how Baylee knew to talk to him with her hands, no stress him out by grabbing at him,, she truly comes by this naturally. I am glad, he is just overjoyed when they come. Other people, what cat? He waits until they leave.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Sometimes you have to go looking. I finally found the source, a chalk pastel that Hyia did that had slipped behind the piano. I guess he needed some sunshine on his brow for breakfast. He's the reason it slipped behind the piano too.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I confess, I can not stop wearing a hat cat. It's just such a part of our morning and it always makes me smile. He is soooooooo careful. It was just a fluke that he fell that time.

honestly could you tell him no way?

He's an arm cat too.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
How to hatch a teapot

vid

Maybe a lid will appear. Joke..this one got too dry before I could get back to it.

Reminds me of Horton the elephant.
During a crisis this teapot got too dry before I could get back to finish. THat would have been teapot 3, teapot 4 is under lock and key while it dries. Ressie is too fond of my work.

AN hour later, ...

and that is all.

Last edited:

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
:):):):):)...thank you. Me too. He is a funny lovely wonderful cat. Almost a year old now.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Long kitty is happy for his yard time

Maybe yes, maybe no (his tree climbing has come down to almost a non level. I think he made his toenails sore) so now they are used only for a good stretch.

AS if he needed stretching to be any longer.
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e331/smkie/May 2014/CIMG7119_zps18bd7e99.jpg

He says you can come with us if you want. His favorite spot of course, under the bird feeder. I Think the birds know exactly what is going on and are not the least bit worried so we sit here for quite some time. HE is a happy and affectionate boy when we go in.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Once in a blue moon Ressie will curl up with me nd the dogs, but all the rest of the time, sleeping is with his bestie. He has and will always be SAncho's kitten. I am glad nothing in being fixed, or growing up has changed that.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
The new arrivals. Hyia's second litter to raise. She did a good job with last years and let go with no remorse of the one she had come to love most. So I kept my end of the deal, she could do it again this summer. She has 4, there were 9 in the litter all together. They split it up. They came 3 and a half weeks old, with and eye and repertory infection. I think that has cleared up. We go for our vet check at the beginning of the week. Some have extra toes, Paddlefoot has 6 on each foot.

This is paddlefoot. SHe is the runt. One is almost twice as big as she is.

They were isolated away from the others until the eyes and lungs cleared. now it is time for meet and greet. Pepper is in love, Victor says ohhh boy, she's in my bed. :\Oh dear.

Sancho is curious, but isn't like he was with the last ones. I don't know if it is because they are older or what the difference is. Maybe he will warm up to them too. Ressie says hissss hissssss hissssssssss an leaves.

Members online

No members online now.