After lots of thought...

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Beau will be joining the pancake club in a few weeks. Poor guy doesn't know what's coming. ;)

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I know they would. It's been a tough decision but I think neutering is the right thing to do. He's 6 now, not getting any younger and I still haven't found a bitch I would be okay with having him bred to. There's nothing lost I couldn't get from his sister either if I really wanted to although I'm just not so sure about the whole breeding/showing thing much anymore. We'll see. If I did, I'd probably go back to Miss Mia's lines.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I have a bit, but I'm still not sold on breeding him.

Plus he and Nard have started having pissing contests (quite literally) since Nard has become sexually mature. Beau's sire was recently neutered and it stopped that completely.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Awwww! But but but BABY BEAUBEAUS
Poor Beauzo. He's in good company though, LOL.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I know LOL. That will leave Nard as the manly man of the house for a while (until it's his turn) ;)

Paige

Let it be
I never had the intent to breed Bandit and I put off neutering him because there was no reason besides my no interest in breeding to get him chopped. But I have to say it has made our lives easier. He isn't a different dog without his testicles but renting has been so much easier and dogs aren't so hostile towards him.

Beau will be fine. The pancake club isn't such a bad club to be apart of.

elegy

overdogged
awww poor beau!

steve doesn't miss his. but i do wish his hair would hurry up and grow back so i wouldn't have to look at his sad little floppy changepurse.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Well, Beau's pancake appointment is on thursday.

I really hope they don't have to cut off too much of his hair!

MafiaPrincess

Obvious trollsare Obvious
Smudge went to his with fullish cocker coat. He came back and still had more than enough bum hair to cover his lack of parts. Was more his sheath and an inch or two around it that went bald.

puppydog

Tru evil has no pantyline
Nooo! Not Beau! LOL!

One thing you don't have to worry about it guilt about cutting the blood line there. You guys have plenty of Paps. If I neutered Travis I would have the pitch fork army at my door. It already had enough trouble about doing Ben and he was a cryp.

Kat09Tails

*Now with Snark*
Sometimes it just is the right choice.
My last full reg male who is the last of his line from CH Elizares' Hay 'Oe Ilio just wasn't impressing me with his temperament upon reaching adulthood. We tried to work through his nerves but it just wasn't happening so I went ahead and neutered him at 20 months. He's a beautiful tri color full of fringe but mentally just wasn't stable enough to continue with.
Since that point he's still a crazy little nerve bag but is able to spend all his time with his half sister as a buddy which helps him be a little more secure. I wish I could tell you it was a radical change in behavior but it did help with managing him.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Beau has a fantastic temperament. He's really bomb proof in almost any situation. He showed and finished very fast too, but we just don't want to deal with the breeding aspect of things at all right now.

Puppydog, I think it's different being in a country with such a tiny population. There's a couple rare breeds I'm interested in in the future and you pretty much have to be willing to breed in case your dog turns out nicely.

Members online